O2 Traffic Management

Soldato
Newnet are fantastic (get steady 5-6mbits all day, until about midnight when it goes up to about 7mbits). Unfortunately, it's £20 a month for 20gig, and i seem to be constantly going over the limit.

I was thinking of moving to BE Broadband - just to clarify, that BE don't have any traffic restrictions? Do they get good speeds? I understand O2 owns BE broadband? Hearing the "horror stories" of 120ms pings and not being able to view youtube until about 11pm is putting me off O2 (+ therefore BE) a bit. Is this rational?

Soldato
No, those problems are only on O2s non-LLU service.

Thanks, but i doesn't even matter. Just discovered BE is a LLU only service :o:(

Are all of O2 Broadband's packages throttled?

EDIT: again, nevermind. I've just seen that it's only the "Access" package which is throttled, which, low and behold, is the only one i can get :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
fast.co.uk get my vote just now. I had never heard of them before and they are fast, with results to prove it.

<pics removed>

I asked a quesion about interleaving getting turned off via email and i had a reply about 7 minutes later. 02 take 48 hours and don't even answer your question.

Abit pricey though. 45GB cap for £33.27 (or 20GB for £22.51)

What was their answer to getting Interleave turned off request?

Associate
Hi,

Yes, interleaving can be disabled on any live broadband connection with us.

Regards,

Mark
Fast.co.uk Customer Services

Soldato
Good to know. I was meaning to ask them that when I played Warhammer Online. But since forgot about it as not playing any online games.

Back
Top Bottom