1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OC(UK) Host Review :-)

Discussion in 'HTML, Graphics & Programming' started by Adz, May 8, 2005.

1. Mp4

Sgarrista

Well its time to move from TSO since the loss of VidaHost too many internal error issues and slowdowns.

Ive heard about SmartHosting / Krystal (seem reasonable) I am thinking of a re sellers account with Smart though as they offer more :)

any advice? :D

2. no idea what

Sgarrista

Probably not massively helpful but Krystal have been nothing short of amazing for me.

3. Mp4

Sgarrista

which package are you using? do you re-sell??

i'm slightly annoyed with myself - not knowing about tso(go daddy) and have been sending money to pay for my hosting with tso to my client wallet. So looks as ill be with them for another year at least as I cant get the money back.

And looking at the re seller for both Krystal and Smart. Just too out of my price range :/

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  4. superleeds27

Wise Guy

Had an issue the other day with Krystal. A site must have got hacked and it basically spread and led to another 10 being infected.

Took roughly 8 hours to sort. The automatic restore feature on the JetBackups wasn't working, they didn't tell us this until a restore had failed 3 times.

Have to say I do like Krystal, but, this has made me question their security a little.

5. Beansprout

Man of Honour

Were the other sites addon domains on a cPanel account?

If so, because they all run under the same account they can all access each others' files.

One of the downsides of the feature unfortunately.

6. TriedandTested

Capodecina

TSOHost have become awful. Downtime and other problems over the last year, moving servers has not helped. I have no idea how i've stayed with them so long tbh.

7. Mp4

Sgarrista

Well hopefully this year ditch TSO!! Still looking in to Re-Selling either with Krystal or Smart hosting or at a push just able to host 9 website at the moment.

Anyone have any tips for re-selling?

8. Glanza

Capodecina

Switched from 123-Reg to Krystal for my domain name, switch was instant and their portal even without using cpanel is easy enough to get around. Cheaper aswell when it comes to renewal.

I looked at smarthosting before Krystal as they say thats for the home user however you can't manage your dns on smarthosting without having a package bolt on, with Krystal you can.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  9. Steeps

Soldato

Anyone else on Krystal just lost their sites? Static sites for us still up but anything using a database has gone right now :(

10. no idea what

Sgarrista

My site is good. I'm on Ares Cloud Hosting.

11. Steeps

Soldato

I'm on Sapphire Cloud, been on hold now for 40mins so I think there is a problem.

12. Steeps

Soldato

Now resolved, someone else's website's SQL database using too many resources. Explains why the static sites were still working. Thought there would have been an upper limit on resources to prevent downtime.

13. Zaphan58

Wise Guy

I'm in need of a new host after ditching TSO. Are Krystal still good? I read on here a while ago that they were but recent comments don't look as positive?

14. suenstar

Hitman

I've just finished migrating all of my services over to Krystal from TSO, very quick and simple.

Haven't tried to do anything overly complex yet, just some straightforward cloning of some WordPress sites that took less than 5 minutes each to complete.
    Had a little play with the site builder as well, little bit limited but it's good enough to create a quick temporary site while I do the proper work in the background.

15. Quartz

Capodecina

I own a number of email-only domains, currently registered on Fasthosts, and would like each to have a landing page which says that the domain is active but email-only. Obviously, I don't expect to pay a lot for this.

16. Glanza

Capodecina

I don't think Krystal offer it without paying as I don't require it but 123-reg who I used to be with give you a free 2 page website per domain that I edited using their editor to one page that had similar wording.

Other possible option is setup 1 host package and then you point all the domains to the same record and have 1 page for them all stating the above.

17. UberTiger

Mobster

I wish more people would do this. I help manage the mailing lists for some small businesses and it’s difficult to verify we’re adding the right domains to the list sometimes when transcribing from hand written forms.

18. Mp4

Sgarrista

Well decided not to worry about reselling too much outlay per month. And don’t think friends and family would pay per month when they can go to wix/Ss for cheaper and get a site done or diy.

Going to go with Krystal £10 jobbie

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  19. Beansprout

Man of Honour

Krystal own Smart anyway so I suspect you'll be happy with either :)

20. Mp4

Sgarrista

Shall be Krystal :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019