OC(UK) Host Review :-)

Adz

Adz

Soldato
OP
Thanks for your support and input guys, seems to be going well so far :).

At the moment, hosts are sorted by average rating and then by the number of ratings. This does however means that a host with one 10/10 rating will be shown above a host with 1000 ratings and an average of 9.9. I'm trying to think of a way around this - suggestions welcome.

Adz

Adz

Soldato
OP
Something along those lines would be good but doing ($average_score * $number_of_reviews) wouldn't work as it would mean that a site with 8x 3/10 reviews would be ranked above a site with 2x 10/10 reviews.

I think I might just give the option to sort by number of reviews and see how that works. At the moment it's not really an issue as there aren't many hosts to choose from anyway.

Associate
Looks good Adz, very useful.

Yesterday I signed up univote.co.uk with Registron - that's a company you own right? - just wanted to say I was very impressed with the speed the domain and hosting was up and running in. Ordered Friday late night, and it was up and running Saturday morning. :)

Nick

Adz

Adz

Soldato
OP
nick said:
Looks good Adz, very useful.

Yesterday I signed up univote.co.uk with Registron - that's a company you own right? - just wanted to say I was very impressed with the speed the domain and hosting was up and running in. Ordered Friday late night, and it was up and running Saturday morning. :)

Nick

Yup :). The entire system is 100% automated from start to finish, takes about 10 seconds to process in total.

Adz

Adz

Soldato
OP
The rules say that only OcUK members can submit a host for review, they don't state who can post reviews. Does anyone have any views on this, one way or the other? Restricting it to OcUK members without access to the database would be somewhat hard to maintain....

Back
Top Bottom