OC(UK) Host Review :-)

Associate
Great idea, well implemented too. Thanks a lot!

It just helped me decide on a hosting company.

rating_5.gif
and it needs to be stickied!

Associate
TicaL_ said:
Great idea, well implemented too. Thanks a lot!

It just helped me decide on a hosting company.

rating_5.gif
and it needs to be stickied!

rating_5.gif
rating_5.gif

Great idea indeed! I dunno how many "which hosting" threads there has been. Definately needs to be stickied so that there will be no more :p

Adz

Adz

Soldato
OP
unknowndomain said:
This wont affect me rite?

Of course not :).

To this joker, *sigh* :(. I didn't filter out HTML tags as I assumed OcUK users were mature enough not to abuse it. I'll delete your post when I can be arsed. Thankyou for your contribution though :).

I'll be adding a "sort by" option later tonight.

I seem to be helping to promote a direct competitor in Reg1/Serverstream - I didn't quite invisage them getting so many votes ;). I thought I had a lot of clients on the forums! Thumbs up though, they must be good.

Associate
Admittedly, being a complete noob at this lark. I am amazed that Dream Hosting is not right up the top its service and prices are easily the best!!!

What did I let myself in for. Is it too good to be true?

Soldato
Great idea. Adz, have you considered opening this site up a bit to a wider audience? I've submitted 3 reviews myself so far and am considering submitting another 2 but 5 reviews is hardly going to make a whole lot of difference in the general scheme of things. As you've observed a lot of the hosts reviewed seem to have 10/10 which is quite optimistic - there's not all that much to tell one 10/10 host from another.

If you're interested in expanding the site, either in features, design or audience, I'm willing to offer some time as a fairly good PHP coder or designer. I've got a few ideas for it which might be of interest, though obviously it's your site and your call :)

arty

Adz

Adz

Soldato
OP
Thanks Arty. I had considered opening the site up to a wider audience but the difficulty would be in keeping it unique compared to all the other 'hosting review' sites out there; moderating the reviews to ensure they were genuine, stopping the site becoming diluted by spam. I do like the way that it is currently ocuk-centric, with mainly UK hosts listed, many of which are small concerns, operated by OcUK members themselves!

I'd love to hear any thoughts or ideas you have though, my e-mail address is [email protected] :).

Soldato
Adz said:
Thanks Arty. I had considered opening the site up to a wider audience but the difficulty would be in keeping it unique compared to all the other 'hosting review' sites out there; moderating the reviews to ensure they were genuine, stopping the site becoming diluted by spam. I do like the way that it is currently ocuk-centric, with mainly UK hosts listed, many of which are small concerns, operated by OcUK members themselves!

I'd love to hear any thoughts or ideas you have though, my e-mail address is [email protected] :).

I've just dropped you an email - it's quite long, sorry. I just started typing and when I stopped it was several pages long :o

arty

Back
Top Bottom