Octopus Power Ups and Free Energy Sessions

Yeah but solar is usually pumping when it's negative/free.

It can be yes, but I tend to :
1) charge batteries which will just about top my generation if spiky and beat it on a full sun day, 5.5kw
2) heat water, 3kw
3) do washing/dishwashing, 1-3kw spiky during cycle
4) normal house load etc

What I tend to see is for the first 2 hours, give or take a net import varying from 3-8kw depending on cycle point and solar generation, then after that roughly equal or exporting depending on solar gen.

Solar has sat just under 5kw today (its windy and not that warm) for chunks but also had dips. So even worst case I would be importing 0.5kw for batteries (max is 5.5kw charging), so hot water and other stuff is all free from grid.

For sure the ability to pull from the grid and your own solar generation max (at what time of year) will influence how much you can pull from a session.
I mean I have my PU sessions listed and winter type ones have been as high as £11 refunded (I use a couple of fan heaters then as well), to may-july being more like £1-£2 credit back per session generally.
Often the PU will be when its windy which tends to often be cloudy generally as its usually the remains of a storm from elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom