• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**** OcUK 3dmark Vantage Top List ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Just ran this Benchamrk, got 14071 overall

System is dual quad core xeons at 2.66ghz and dual 4870's.

Cpu Score was 21000 odd!

Rob

J.D

J.D

Soldato
I think Nvidia cards using the Physx drivers should be wiped from the charts tbh, or at least a sub section for GeForce Physx as it's not a fair comparison. Nvidia buy Ageia whilst Physx was being/ had been implemented so that in turn only helps Nvidia cards. So when comparing scores the Nvidia cards are showing up what shouldn't be as I'd like to know how many of these users are playing games that use Physx?. I have the new Physx drivers in and I had to download Warmonger to test it to see if it was working. It was, and now the game is uninstalled as it's not good and I'm not playing UT3 or Graw2 and I suspect the majority of people on this chart using Nvidia are playing anything Physx related either.

So, to the people that participate in this thread please consider the Nvidia scores that have the Physx enabled as it's not a good comparison at all. It in fact ruins it IMO. A 9800GTX and 8800GTX just a few points away from a 4870 and an Ultra beating it?, hmmm nah.

If there was a GeForce Physx enabled subsection like dual GPU etc, then that would paint a clear picture other than a biased score that doesn't reflect what the general user will experience whilst playing.

Soldato
This has already just been discussed on this thread, marc has kindly gone through and removed the overall results and jreplaced them with the GPU results. This will also level the playing field between quad cores and dual cores.

Permabanned
Vantage is not a good comparison full stop.

The PhyX score only increases the CPU score which is good if your on a Dual Core, because a Quad Core scores much higher in Vantage and it makes no difference in real games.

Swings and Roundabouts.

Now update my DAMN Score. :p

J.D

J.D

Soldato
This has already just been discussed on this thread, marc has kindly gone through and removed the overall results and jreplaced them with the GPU results. This will also level the playing field between quad cores and dual cores.

Oh!, I never knew :(. I apologise and I'd like to give Marc some credit for doing this :).

Vantage is not a good comparison full stop.

The PhyX score only increases the CPU score which is good if your on a Dual Core, because a Quad Core scores much higher in Vantage and it makes no difference in real games.

Swings and Roundabouts.

Now update my DAMN Score. :p

Aye true to that point and if they are separated then it's all good.

Nice score btw.

Soldato
First run of my new toy 4870X2 on my:-

IP35 Pro
Q6600 (GO) at 3.42 Ghz
Vista X64
4 GB of Ballistix

vantage.jpg

HEADRAT

Soldato
vantage.jpg

What I'm wondering is, how come my gpu score, fully at stock ( gpu & cpu at stock atm) beats people with higher clocked G92's and overclocked 9800GTX's and 8800GTX's.

Cpuscore is high thanks to gpu physx :).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom