OcUK Beers of the World Mk2 Weekly Results - Round G -

Associate
It's a 'beer' not a cider :p
(

Its not made from malt and hops. Ok, hopped beers have been around for a shorter time than gruits, but they are still fermented drinks made from malted grain. A ginger "beer" is only named beer.

Ooh, this could be an interesting one. What makes beer beer?

Really sorry if this is a big can of worms

Would definitly welcome input from other brewers on this one too, even if they're not taking part.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Its not made from malt and hops. Ok, hopped beers have been around for a shorter time than gruits, but they are still fermented drinks made from malted grain. A ginger "beer" is only named beer.

Ooh, this could be an interesting one. What makes beer beer?

Really sorry if this is a big can of worms

Would definitly welcome input from other brewers on this one too, even if they're not taking part.

:D Just cause I say I think it would be ok doesn't mean jack.... as per usual a vote would have been called :)

I am considering moving, just to get a better selection of beers!
The wife seems to think that's a bit extreme though :D

Now we're talking :D

Soldato
I had planned to get some Stroud Beer (probably budding) since I was expecting to be there last weekend but had to change my plans. Good job I didn't.

I ended up instead having to make do with the selection at Teebay services (which to be fair was amazing for a service station).

Soldato
I had planned to get some Stroud Beer (probably budding) since I was expecting to be there last weekend but had to change my plans. Good job I didn't.

I ended up instead having to make do with the selection at Teebay services (which to be fair was amazing for a service station).

I had completely forgotten Stroud were organic brewers, I did buy a couple though. It was a toss up between the Budding and Tom Long :)

Soldato
I had completely forgotten Stroud were organic brewers, I did buy a couple though. It was a toss up between the Budding and Tom Long :)

I'd have first gone for their Organic ale, but I'm not sure they do it in bottles or even if it's brewed all year round. So I'd probably have ended up with Budding since it's my favourite.

Next weeks has so far got me stumped.

Soldato
haha what you been drinking tonight Ahleckz?

I just had my Sammy Smiths Organic Pale Ale, was quite nice!

Started at midday on the Belhaven Black followed by a G&T. Then moved onto a Black Aftershock & Coke. Then a half bottle of white wine. Then 4 Smirnoff Ices, a Guinness. Can of Tennents was then had followed by half a tennents and a whisky. Then had a few gulps from a bottle of Buckie. Then moved onto a Guinness and Balvenie Doublewood. Then a few ales. Then we had some G&Ts. Followed swiftly by some Tennents. Then some vodka. Then some rose wine.

Jesus.

I was on a subcrawl, and there are set drinks at each stop. Hence remembering so well. :)

Soldato
Woah! Was going to say, how on earth did you remember all that, I'd have forgotten from the 4 Smirnoff Ice's. I just couldn't mix like that. Beer and a few shots I'm ok. Beer and some wine I'm ok. Beer and shots and wine and spirit based drinks and I get to see my dinner again.

Was that a uni thing or...?

Back
Top Bottom