OcUK Beers of the World Mk2 Weekly Results - Round H -

Associate
Brains would been a good one too, i guess this issue only comes up when its not a style of beer or in the scrabble rounds ! oh well !

Caporegime
OP
Also update page 1 to state the name cannot be "brewery name or Brand Of brewery" as it was only clear if you had read every post on forum. as i missed this and the part that states it was a edit !

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=24187255&postcount=3608

It has always been 'beer name' and never Brewery name, the fact you say you missed it because it was an 'edit' is a tad weird because if you take the time to read the link you would know it was I who typed the word EDIT and there is no forum edit message linked with the post so you must have been extremely unlucky to have missed it.

You are getting your points simply because the N.A stands for non alcoholic and this surely would be just about the worst beer name ever...

The Brains result still stands.

Associate
It's OK in spirit of the Competition i elect to have no points if the other doesn't as it only fair, Brains beers have a intolerable naming style and i think it only makes it fair in long run and makes it easier for you define possibly future infringing entry's by banning ALL brewery names in the beer. I have a few other entry's like this "RED Johns ALE" with red john being the name of brewery and its just going to make it more complicated for every one in the long run.

Caporegime
OP
It's OK in spirit of the Competition i elect to have no points if the other doesn't as it only fair, Brains beers have a intolerable naming style and i think it only makes it fair in long run and makes it easier for you define possibly future infringing entry's by banning ALL brewery names in the beer. I have a few other entry's like this "RED Johns ALE" with red john being the name of brewery and its just going to make it more complicated for every one in the long run.

The Brains entry doesn't count, yours didn't then did... and remains valid

R - 'Red' it's Red for an ale.... any ale that is described as Red Ale... it's not rocket science, I get the feeling you're trying to make something out of nothing now?

Last edited:
Soldato
Guys - If I may comment . . . . .

I've had a couple of beers already tonight and I'll admit I haven't read through the entire thread but let remember it's a beer competition .

While I'm sure there's many out there with a competitive nature remember it's all in fun - so let's not look too deeply into this and just enjoy the beers you wouldn't normally have bought :)

Soldato
The rules regarding the brewery name are fine as they are and have already been covered several times.

If you are unsure about a particular beer because of the brewery name might or might not be part of the beer name then just don't enter it. :)

I've had a couple of beers already tonight and I'll admit I haven't read through the entire thread but let remember it's a beer competition .

While I'm sure there's many out there with a competitive nature remember it's all in fun - so let's not look too deeply into this and just enjoy the beers you wouldn't normally have bought :)

Exactly, I found beers I've never heard of or tried before. Just have fun trying them! :)

Associate
The Brains entry doesn't count, yours didn't then did... and remains valid

R - 'Red' it's Red for an ale.... any ale that is described as Red Ale... it's not rocket science, I get the feeling you're trying to make something out of nothing now?

Nope i'll be quiet, i'm just jesting what's the point in Non-Alcoholic beer :D

Soldato
High mate... good trip? ;)

I'm not drinking this week that is for sure. The amount of Heineken and Jager Bombs that passed my lips over the least few days is just stupid. That, plus all the other dumb stuff one can get up to in Amsterdam I am surprised I am still relatively coherent. Had no sleep last night at all!

Soldato

It's more than a competition. I'm still in tears. :(

Back
Top Bottom