oh77.jpg

Squid - Harviestoun Old Engine Oil Porter
jice.jpg

Rojin - Old Slug Porter
cy3h.jpg

Next Week 'Q' - Quote

Caporegime
OP
Seabiscuit, I honestly don't understand it mate. I double checked this morning esp. after coming in off nightshift and prone to being half asleep, but you didn't have an entry in. Why it's not arriving I have no idea, all I know is that at this moment in time you now have a 2 showing in your inbox folder.

First one is timed at 10.11 'testing with no attachment'
Second is timed at 12.23 'seabiscuit porter'

I'm sorry mate I was unable to confirm if your entry had arrived as I had already left for work. I've not changed anything at all to do with the live account (settings) that is used, and I really can't understand why this is happening. I have no problem whatsoever giving someone not connected with the competition the account details if they wish to check.

Caporegime
OP
Well why all of a sudden has it stopped working?! I honestly feel in these two instances seabiscuit should get his points, he has proven that he sent them with screenshots. It just seems strange it has all of a sudden happened, If nothing has changed.
and yes I would say this to anyone in the competition yes even you Ahleckz :)

As stated I have no idea why it's stopped working, none at all. All I know is, this morning when I was processing the results, no entry from seabiscuit. Just for the record I'm trying to get a Don 'not' connected to the competition to double check everything I've stated. I'll be supplying them with the login details so they can access the account and verify, they will also be able to access the account at any given time throughout the competition.

Caporegime
OP
Having had a good look at the inbox I can confirm,

• Seabiscuit Porter - 12:23
• Testing with no attachment - 10:11

Then the next prior email is,

• Seabiscuits money round - 09/06/2013

There is nothing else after this 09/06/2013 date, only prior.

Cheers Stulid for taking the time to do this, please feel free to drop in and out of the account at anytime. :)

Caporegime
OP
Seabiscuit mate, all I can suggest is send your entry as early as possible. I will be working dayshift next week (Friday and Saturday) but will do my best to report back if your entry has been received. I'm stumped to why it's not working, but clearly it isn't :(

EDIT: If Stulid can have a look and answer any questions I'd be delighted as I'm afraid I'm going to have to shift myself, I'm working tonight. Though I'll pick this up again from tomorrow :)

Caporegime
OP
Is the email saying Seabiscuit Porter saying FW: Seabiscuit Porter? or just Seabiscuit porter?
If FW:...., that's the one I sent this morning. If not, that was my original post.

Hope you have a good shift DJ. Take care.

I've asked Stulid to take a look, either way I'll double check tomorrow whenever I get home. :)

Caporegime
OP
Is the email saying Seabiscuit Porter saying FW: Seabiscuit Porter? or just Seabiscuit porter?
If FW:...., that's the one I sent this morning. If not, that was my original post.

Hope you have a good shift DJ. Take care.

Seabiscuit, just logged in and checked. It only says Seabiscuit Porter so it must be the original email you sent? I'll post a screenshot tomorrow when I'm home again mate.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Well I could do with having mine to drink now. What a night into day...

In work last night, received a message my youngest had broken her elbow and was making her way to hospital. During the early hours of this morning she spent almost two hours in theatre while the double fracture was set and pinned. Got home around 4am, head down then back to the hospital this morning. Glad to say she's doing well and I have her safely home on the same sofa she fell off the night previous! I've never felt as utterly useless and completely humbled while sitting in that kids ward today, truly heart breaking watching some of those poor little souls.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Yeah I'd have swapped places with her in a heartbeat but I still know she would've been the bravest. Sat here watching her sleeping while I sip a coffee waiting on all of this to sink in.

Caporegime
OP
Seabiscuit I didn't forget about the screenshot (check spoiler mate). I know you don't doubt me mate and I honestly wish I knew why it was happening, but just for everybody's peace of mind here it is.

zxla.png

Caporegime
OP
Could SB copy in your trust email in future entries maybe. Or could you try deleting / changing your inbox rule?

Or could Mrs SB email in for him as long as its clearly marked?

The only inbox rule is anything from a certain email address goes to a certain inbox. That's it, nothing else and it still doesn't explain why others get through fine, and that includes Seabiscuit.

I've no problem keeping an eye this week and reporting back if it doesn't get through by an earlier time, or by all means send it via Mrs_Seabiscuit or use my trust email. Same name as here at live with the co and the UK part :)

Caporegime
OP
Hi DJ,

Firstly, best wishes to a speedy recovery for you daughter, hope she's feeling better soon. And best wishes from me and MrsSeabiscuit to all your family. And hope you get some rest too, sounds like you're going to need it.

But yeah, that is strange, so the entry I sent on the Saturday, didn't arrive until the Sunday, but it arrived. The resend/forwarding of the message I sent on the Sunday hasn't got through, but another one from Sunday has.
Hmmm. Bloody computers. Who'd want them. ;)

Thanks matey, she is doing well and will be pampered beyond belief.

To answer your questions, yes. Yes in a nutshell, the actual entry email (ie. Non FW) arrived on the Sunday after the other email you sent. The FW one still hasn't arrived, but I'll let you know if or when it does. I really can't understand it mate. If you want to do any or all of the above suggestions then please do. I for one have no problem with it and am sure no one else in the competition will have either.

Caporegime
OP
When you get a minute spare (this isn't urgent, so don't worry if you can't), is there any chance you could email me the message headers for the last 4/5 emails you have received. It might show where the delay is occurring.
Not sure that I'll be able to understand it anyway :)

Not a problem mate, I'll sort you with anything you need. Though it will be a little later :)

Caporegime
OP
When you get a minute spare (this isn't urgent, so don't worry if you can't), is there any chance you could email me the message headers for the last 4/5 emails you have received. It might show where the delay is occurring.
Not sure that I'll be able to understand it anyway :)

Not a problem mate, I'll sort you with anything you need. Though it will be a little later :)

Seabiscuit, I've just this very minute sent you all the details of the entry email you sent via your trust. If this isn't the info you wanted then please let me know what it is you need and I'll do my best to get you sorted mate.

:)

Back
Top Bottom