OcUK Beers of the World Weekly Results - Belgium (and D-F Voting)

Caporegime
Ok fellow contenders :) another week has passed and we all hit Belgium, and what a selection we have to pick from. This has been backed up purely by such a wide variety we have all sampled... but enough of this and on with the good stuff :D

Oh don't forget to vote in here for countries D - F

• DirtyJester - Leffe Blonde - for 3 points
  • aceface57 - Trappistes Rochefort - for 3 points
  • Mrs_Seakitchen - A____Y? - for 3 points
  • PapaLazaru - Duvel - for 1 point
  • GhostlyPea - Tripel Karmeliet - for 3 points
  • seabiscuit - Greens Premium Pils - for 3 points
  • Kanifee - Elliot Brew 10 - for 3 points
  • pieplough - Daas - for 3 points
  • Ahleckz - Westmalle Trappist - for 3 points
  • ~Divine~Wind~ - Hoegaarden Rosse - for 3 points
  • Belmit - Ramée Ambree - for 3 points
  • p1RATE - Duvel - for 1 point
  • Spuj1988 - Fruli Strawberry Beer - for 3 points
  • Kilkus - Trappist Achel - for 3 points
  • pingwing - Vedett - for 3 points
  • silent - No Entry
  • Mike306 - Duvel - for 1 point
  • manveruppd - Delirium Nocturnum - for 3 points
  • Jokester - Satan Gold - for 3 points
  • Maccapacca - Delirium Tremens - for 3 points
  • DcD - Chimay - for 3 points
  • Hank_Marvin - Hoegararden - for 3 points & a :D
  • Tican - Duvel - for 1 point

Bar Stool Fallers (Zero Points)
  • ots3go - 0
  • Marvt74 - 0
  • Going_to_Cali - 0
  • Clov!s - 0
  • Judgeneo - 0
  • Jolteh - 0
  • satchef1 - 0
  • opstrat - 0
  • CANNONBALL - 0
  • nydryl - 0
  • Strang3r - 0

Taxi Home (Withdrawn)
  • Gilly

Dirtyjester
dirtyjesterbelgium.jpg

aceface57
aceface57belgium.jpg

Ahleckz
ahleckzbelgium.jpg

GhostlyPea
belgianbeerghostlypea.jpg

DcD
dcdbelgium.jpg

~Divine~Wind~
divinewindbelgium.jpg

Hank_Marvin
hankmarvinbelgium.jpg

Kanifee
kanifeebelgium.jpg

Kilkus
kilkusbelgium.jpg

Maccapacca
maccapaccabelgium.jpg

manveruppd
manveruppdbelgium.jpg

Mrs_Seakitchen
mrsseakitchenbelgium.jpg

PapaLazaru
papalazarubelgium.jpg

pieplough
pieploughbelgium.jpg

pingwing
pingwingbegium.jpg

Seabiscuit
seabiscuitbelgium.jpg

Spuj1988
spuj1988belgium.jpg

Tican
ticanbegium.jpg

Belmit
belmitbelgium.jpg

p1RATE
p1ratebelgiumbeer.jpg

Mike306
mike306belgian.jpg

Jokester
jokesterbelgium.jpg

Don't forget to vote in here for countries D - F

Next weeks country is the Czech Republic.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
The beer I had was cracking. Though I had a couple of bottles when I got home, and started to wonder why I was feeling pretty tipsy. After looking at the label a few hours later I understood why - it's bloody 10%.

I'm also voting that Hank Marvin gets an honourary +1 bonus point.

LOL yeah it's very easy to forget the strength. Yesterday I sat outside enjoying the sun and drank my 4 Leffe Blonde (once again Ahleckz another great tip of yours), 6.6% they are but such a rich flavour! Simply delicious beer and Asda stock them in a nice 4 pack :)

Caporegime
OP
That even says it's made in the UK. There is nothing Belgian about Stella anymore. It doesn't overly bother me but I wouldn't call a beer made in the UK, owned by Americans, Belgian.

'Stella Artois is brewed in Belgium (both in the plants of Leuven and Jupille) and the United Kingdom'

No one entered, if they had it would have counted. Guinness is also brewed in parts of Africa but it's still classed as an Irish beer. This can apply to lots of different lagers/ ales/ stouts, don't go getting all wound up matey.

Caporegime
OP
Now getting back on track did you like my fizzy looking Leffe? :D I'll say it again, superb beer. Once I opened it, poured it into the glass and watched a lovely rich deep frothy head form I couldn't resist savouring it even before it had settled. Delicious!

Caporegime
OP
Woop, another 3 pointer was a bit worried there tho when i saw some others from the same brewery! Very jealous of Spuj1988, Frulli is delicious! This ones not bad, at 8% its pretty stong nice and tasty tho, very sharp to start with and mellows out, not as nice as last weeks mind.

Only one I'm jealous of is Hank_Marvin :D

Actually I'd gladly try any of the beers on offer tonight :)

Caporegime
OP
I think I'm just being a bit of an elitist ass. I'm sorry.

On topic - No idea what the hell I'm going to do for France! I can't even think of a good beer from that place! :o

Great choice on the leffe DJ. :D You really must try and get some Leffe 9! Do you like my glass? ;)

lol no worries mate ;)

Great choice is down to you, you've tipped it many a time. Can't say I've seen any other Leffe about but I'll keep my eyes out for them, until then I'll be more than happy to drink this :) I honestly thought others would have had it, albeit wasn't my first choice as I couldn't get the one I was after from M&S :(

Yes nice glass indeed, mine was an old red wine glass but it served it's purpose well :)

Oops link didn't show beer, it was the Belgian Wheat beer not the Cherry wheat beer one though.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
You won't find Leffe 9 in the shops, I haven't actually seen it online either. But if you're ever in France/Belgium then you'll get it. :D

You love your M&S booze, I really must nip in there one day and check out what they have to offer. I've only ever bought wine from them.

Leffe really is very nice, haven't had it in a while. Might buy a few tomorrow. My Dad stole the glass from a bar in Belgium a couple of years ago. Legend! :D

M&S have some cracking beers / ciders. I've reviewed (albeit not greatly) in the Now Drinking thread a few times. Always worth a look ;) Oh and you can order online too though I'm not sure if they do a mixed cases :(

Caporegime
OP
Oh and forgot to say cheers everybody for making the effort again this week, and well done the new people who have not only joined late but also embraced the competition as keenly as us :D

Caporegime
OP
Denmark, England, Finland.

My lack of entries so far has been due to an unexpected extreme lack of finances. I'll join in as soon as my situation changes

OK mate that's not a problem as your space will be kept open for you :) As for voting cheers though it's been decided as Denmark, England and France. Your Finland was never going to catch France as it had 12 votes to your 5.
Hope your circumstances in the money dept. change for the better but fear not as the leaders are only on 6 points to date :)

Back
Top Bottom