OcUK Beers of the World Weekly Results - Belgium (and D-F Voting)

Caporegime
OP
Yes indeed Hank_Marvin thanks for the inspiration :D I actually find this in flavour as just as enjoyable as the Leffe Blonde, though this holds its head longer and has the typical cloudy wheat beer look. Very very nice indeed! Only thing missing is ...well you know ;)

Caporegime
OP
Cheeky git! :p I thought this was the idea to try some different beers and report back :D Ahleckz sit down..... relax....deep breath.....

I've had two bottles of Bud and now this, and the taste, flavour hell just everything is worlds apart. Simply delightful to drink and enjoy. Ok somebody throw water over Ahleckz :p

Caporegime
OP
I'm still amazed at 22 people selecting beers for Belgium and only 4 picked the same (all the same) really does say something for the choice out there. You do know when England pops up we pretty much all should be on a 3 pointer!

Caporegime
OP
Dont even know if I'd give it 72 tbh, tried it once and it just tastes of jam lol.
Only bought it coz I thought no one else would lol :p

The shoppin list was 3 bottles of LEffe Brun and that :p the leffe didnt even get to the fridge before I opened one :(

:D Have to admit I really enjoyed my Leffe Blonde and looking forward to picking up another 4 pack soon :)

Caporegime
OP
DJ - clarification please

Country of origin is the country brewed in?

Are ciders excluded?

Cheers

Hi matey, firstly no ciders allowed. Lager, ale or stout, anything beer :)

Ok county of origin this is a tricky one as it's been mentioned in this thread before. I would say a lot comes down to common sense in that (I used this as an example) take Guinness, it is brewed in parts of Africa but it will always be deemed an Irish beer. Same applies for say Budweiser, it is brewed in Ireland yet is still an American beer.

Caporegime
OP
Woah! Different beer from the same brewery, seems I narrowly escaped being in another Goose Island situation! :p

How strong was yours maccapacca? Mine was about 8%, but it tasted quite smooth. Almost like a medium-bodied red wine. Not too acerbic, not too thick with solids, not too fizzy.

Can I make a minor request to DJ? Could you post a link in the original thread whenever you start a new one? I check the forums regularly, but I sometimes forget to check whether you've started a new thread.

The main thread we use is pinned at the top (or almost) of La Cuisine and its the Official Beers ...... thread. If you click on the first page (link below) you will see all the rules, guidelines, players points, countries gone and still to go. Here I've also included a links section to each weeks result thread. It was suggested after first week (and righty so) to create a new thread each week just for each beer as it will make it easier for anyone to find info etc etc rather than losing it inside one giant thread. Anyway it's here mate...

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18425919

Caporegime
OP
lol, will see what I can russle up this week.

Re the beer, it is very nice and it grew on me more with each of bottle. £4 for a four pack in lidl.

It was a big 750ml bottle I had, wished I'd a few more at the time :)

Looking forward to this weeks now :D Oh and don't forget to include either the OcUK forum in the backgound of the pic OR even OcUK written on a piece of paper / card / tshirt ;) lol

Caporegime
OP
^^ Well we had a Vedett in from pinging so that 'would' have given you 2 points for second most popular choice, but sadly too late now.

So don't forget this weeks! Czech Republic it is :) Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom