OcUK Beers of the World Weekly Results - Scotland (and U / W Voting)

Soldato
How does the 'scoring' work exactly?

POINTS will be awarded simply as ONE point if you select the most popular choice between everybody, TWO points if you select the second most popular choice and lastly THREE points if you pick that elusive one that nobody else has. In the event of any ties ie. two people with an elusive selection each :D then both shall have 3 points etc etc. (size of bottle or can will make no difference BUT say a 'Light / Lite' version will)

My votes:

U: UK - I think we'd be looking at a "potential" three points each given the amount of choice available. It'll also give everyone a chance to (hopefully) experience a new beer they've perhaps not tried before.

W: I'd opt for beers starting with the letter W as again there's such a huge choice.

V: Have we already decided on V = Value or are we still voting on this?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
If the UK gets voted in then it pretty much means that many will be guaranteed 3-pointers for the last six letters of the contest, therefore I'm voting Wales and Ukraine, to mix it up. :p

Soldato
If the UK gets voted in then it pretty much means that many will be guaranteed 3-pointers for the last six letters of the contest, therefore I'm voting Wales and Ukraine, to mix it up. :p

Damn right. We have already had England and Scotland. It is Beers of the World, not beers of the British Islands! Why do it again?

Caporegime
OP

If it goes to U.K. then there will be a ruling...

U.K. - Any U.K. beer but you can't enter your own country. ;)

Associate
I'm going for Ukraine and Wales.

It's getting to the point now where it's going to be easy to find a 3 pointer at the local Spar/Happy Shopper even. Ukraine will be our last chance to have to travel 50 miles just to find the same one pointer as everybody else. A vote for UK is a vote against Beers of the World :D

Soldato
Wales and Uruguay

Glad i didnt go for the ornkey beers i had, thought a few of them might appear. Mine was very nice for a lager!

Soldato
Nice 3 points. Could have entered any of the 5 beers I had and got 3 points. :D

The Corncrake was very nice, light golden ale, slightly sweetish with a moderate bitter after taste, hints of citrus, light malty caramel taste and a nice hoppy balance.

Voting

Ukraine
Wales

Back
Top Bottom