Poll: OCUK Civilised South-Eastern Spring/Summer lunch (date confirmed 21st July)

Which dates suit you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Whats up with it? lol

Clutch slave or master gave up today! Not sure which but I'm leaning towards master as it's very weird behaviour! Will replace both just to be safe as they're both cheapish all in. Slave is not leaking and neither is master but pedal is soft as hell and it work go in gear at random, worked fine at first and then stalled twice with clutch fully in! Old cars :D

Soldato
Clutch slave or master gave up today! Not sure which but I'm leaning towards master as it's very weird behaviour! Will replace both just to be safe as they're both cheapish all in. Slave is not leaking and neither is master but pedal is soft as hell and it work go in gear at random, worked fine at first and then stalled twice with clutch fully in! Old cars :D
Slave is normally it falling flat on the floor isn't it? Good idea to replace both though!

Caporegime
I had to replace the slave on the E30 because occasionally the bite point would move right to the bottom of the pedal travel whereas most of the time it was in the middle where you want it.

Or was it the master...... :p

Soldato
Slave is normally it falling flat on the floor isn't it? Good idea to replace both though!
It's a very common problem on mx5s.. but slave usually leaks fluid with clutch still feeling ok, unless it full on pees fluid out. Mine has 0 leaks but they're like £18 part and if I'm swapping master and bleeding the system I might as well get it in! It was failing and stalling today but then drove fine ?! Weird to say the least but I don't want it to fully crap out miles away from home heh.

Soldato

Hello! I am notoriously unreliable when it comes to these meets, often unable to commit until the last moment. So I would say just pick any date and structure, and I will do my best to attend - I don't want to vote for a specific date and then not be able to make it. Same goes for the structure, I'm mainly in it for the drive, so either way works for me :)

Soldato
OP
Hello! I am notoriously unreliable when it comes to these meets, often unable to commit until the last moment. So I would say just pick any date and structure, and I will do my best to attend - I don't want to vote for a specific date and then not be able to make it. Same goes for the structure, I'm mainly in it for the drive, so either way works for me :)

I have! Check the OP.

Caporegime
Damn right. Went to one in my Polo before as well.

Both times were just as fun as if I had brought something exotic. The wobbly Skoda provided much amusement for people, and it was great fun ragging my poor little Polo trying to keep up with everyone. :p

Still worth it for the drive and the people.

Soldato
Damn right. Went to one in my Polo before as well.

Both times were just as fun as if I had brought something exotic. The wobbly Skoda provided much amusement for people, and it was great fun ragging my poor little Polo trying to keep up with everyone. :p

Still worth it for the drive and the people.
and the food!

Back
Top Bottom