** OcUK Community TeamSpeak Server **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Alternatively, you could rent an OVH Kimsufi Dedicated server for roughly £40 a year, set up a teamspeak server and get an NPL Key (512 slots) free from Teamspeak :)

Would work out cheaper than renting a teamspeak server and you'd have far more uptime and better network (+ proper ddos mitigation) than Multiplay could offer.

I use an OVH server and did this. It's fairly easy to set up :) Happy to offer you pointers if it will help.

Permabanned
Alternatively, you could rent an OVH Kimsufi Dedicated server for roughly £40 a year, set up a teamspeak server and get an NPL Key (512 slots) free from Teamspeak :)

Would work out cheaper than renting a teamspeak server and you'd have far more uptime and better network (+ proper ddos mitigation) than Multiplay could offer.
I tried all that when I was running it, Teamspeak didn't see the OCUK community as a non-profit and I was politely told to **** off by their customer support when I tried to prove it.

Man of Honour
I tried all that when I was running it, Teamspeak didn't see the OCUK community as a non-profit and I was politely told to **** off by their customer support when I tried to prove it.

I had this issue too and got around it by complaining to their support staff.

However, I ran the server as LinkTart rather than OcUK primarily - at least in terms of naming and pointing to my own non-profit website.

Permabanned
That is what I did. I used one of my long standing domains, deleted the content, installed a mock forum, imported fake usernames blah blah, made it look like a proper community.

They weren't interested.

Soldato
That is what I did. I used one of my long standing domains, deleted the content, installed a mock forum, imported fake usernames blah blah, made it look like a proper community.

They weren't interested.

Took me 4 attempts to get one myself. First 3 attempts I just had a blank page with a tsviewer graph.

4th application, threw this together in Wordpress http://ts3.me.uk and got a key.

OcUK Staff
If you guys need any help, I can email through my company email. Or if you need something more. Email me, and I can see what I can do to help. :)

Underboss
wndsr is the man when it comes to the ts channel, I had no idea what to do when I got the server so asked him to set everything up.

He is the honorary tech support for the channel!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom