• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** OcUK Crysis DX9 TopList ***

you bast,

/me overclocks GFX card more :D

;)

crysysbench4af0.jpg

Managed to push it a bit further :D

[ZiiP]carrot;11362707 said:
Tell me about it, when I went from a P4 HT 3.4ghz to an e8400 at 3.6ghz with an x1950pro think I gained half a frame :rolleyes:

THat's cause the GPU is the limiting factor, not the CPU. Try lowering the res, then you'll see the difference. Not that you would want to though, for anything other than benchmarking purposes...

Don't I know it. I just clocked mine to 3.2ghz and tried to just about match your gfx overclock, but I can only manage 38fps. :(

:p

That was an interesting quote of yours so I thought I would delve a little further into it and this is what I found.

My current overclock was [email protected] and 2Gb of XMS2 800mhz 4-4-4-12@1000mhz 5-5-5-15.

I left my 8800GT at stock on every benchmark.

Firstly I ran the benchmark with my overclocks.

Secondly, I clocked the cpu down to 2.8Ghz and ran the benchmark.

Lastly, I clocked the ram down to stock 800mhz 4-4-4-12 and ran the benchmark with the cpu clocked down also.

My findings........Well I got 39fps on every setting. Not 1 frame higher and not 1 frame lower :eek:

Seems that Cryisis is definately a GPU only game.

Wiggins
You need a bit more CPU power to drive 2 cards.
If you had continued to lower your clocks, at somewere around 2.4Ghz i guess your framerate would have started to fall.

You topped out at 38fps the fast SLI rigs are doing mid 70's, twice your frame rate.
Much more CPU power is required to generate the data to keep the cards fed.

Back
Top Bottom