• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** OcUK Crysis DX9 TopList ***

Oh wait Sorry, my mistake. I was comparing that and Simon Maltby's dual 3870X2 cards. We are looking at about 15-16 fps then(by taking Ripling's score)?

Rippling does realise he can stick his 3870 frequency to 1338 (he has 1296)

I have to say that i still sense somthing wrong here.

The latest Nvidia driver seems to have boosted all the 8x and 9x cards by quite a margin. When i first got my 3870X2's the best Nvidia score from a pair of overclocked SLIed 8800GTX's was about 65 seconds. It now seems that a single GTS is getting a similar score and SLIed 8800GTX's get mid 70's.

So either Nvidia have created some exceptional boost in performance on the game or the image quality is capped in some way. Is it not rather lucky that this new driver comes out at the same time as the 9800?

I have to admit that Crysis is a real odd ball game when it comes to performance.

In DX10 mode All Nvidia cards get scores way in excess of ATI
In DX9 32bit mode the cards seem fairly similar
ATI only thrive in DX9 X64bit mode.

So maybe ATI are also doing something funny in thier drivers to boost performance???

I really dont understand why we see such variances here. Firstly DX10 to DX9 and 32bit to 64Bit... We may expect to see a small difference in fps but with ATI the difference is massive... WHY?

If my ATI's score circa 25k in 3dmark06 and the 9800X2 gets 20k in comparison... why then does it get 10fps more in Crysis???

Rant over... for now LOL

To add fuel to the fire:

That puts me in 8th, and looks quite poor compared to the surrounding hardware. I can't overclock due to the powerplay issue and will wait for an official fix rather than have my 2D clocks permanently raised.

I can't overclock due to the powerplay issue and will wait for an official fix rather than have my 2D clocks permanently raised.

You dont need to change your 2d clocks, you just up your low power 3d clocks to the same as your normal 3d clocks. Its quite easy with the bios editor thats floating about.

2iatumq.jpg

Okay, recently put winxp back on my machine and my GTS 640mb back in. Curiosity of how my gfx card would perform in XP got the better of me:

(Got the same result in vista 64 too)

C2D 6400 @ 3Ghz
Nvidia 8800 GTS 640mb @ 600, 900, 1389

I decided to install XP on a empty drive and shutdown all the services, it uses 130MB of memory, quite a bit less that my Vista insall lol.
Got an extra 20% just overclocking the GPU to 800/2000/1100 from stock.

crysis-bm.jpg

Last edited:
I decided to install XP on a empty drive and shutdown all the services, it uses 130MB of memory, quite a bit less that my Vista insall lol.
Got an extra 20% just overclocking the GPU to 800/2000/1100 from stock.

crysis-bm.jpg

nice score, dont see to many athlon rigs in this chart so high up, and good clocks on your graphics card as well:)

ZoomZ

If possible can you do a bench with newer drivers ?
174.53 or higher

Also demo loops should be set to 3.

First run through is slow as all the textures are loaded to the cards the 2nd and 3rd run throughs are much smoother.
Your average FPS would be better.

Is there a 174 driver for the GTS/g92 cards ?

I tried the 174.53 but they wont install :(

ZoomZ

Use these drivers 174.70
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17855835

Reason you couldn't install the 174.53's is you didn't replace the inf file.
Drivers above should work.

If the drivers unpack but dont install.
Look on your drive for the nvidia directory.
You will find where the drivers have unpacked.
Copy the modified inf file into the directory, overwrite existing one.
Run the setup from that directory.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom