• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** OcUK Crysis DX9 TopList ***

Nice touch there, 4xAA 1680x1050 high, should be good :D. Dont we need a new thread for it?

I dont use AA in Crysis due to the FPS hit for the minimal visible difference.

:confused:

shouldn't we be using settings that people actually use in game to give some idea as to what to expect from certain hardware combinations? i think the current threads go someway towards that..... :)

i've put the option for 1680x1050 HIGH with no AA back in (whilst keeping the 4xAA). :p

i guess i really should start a new thread and let this one get back on topic. :D

:confused:

shouldn't we be using settings that people actually use in game to give some idea as to what to expect from certain hardware combinations? i think the current threads go someway towards that..... :)

i've put the option for 1680x1050 HIGH with no AA back in (whilst keeping the 4xAA). :p

i guess i really should start a new thread and let this one get back on topic. :D

There is a difference between in game and benchmarking.. I'm happy using AA in benchmarking as I'm comparing to other people, not my viewing pleasure.

4xAA actually makes some games unplayable even with big rigs .
I always use 4XAA whenever possible, maybe its just me but the jaggies tell me I am playing a computer game and make me less immersed, the same goes for laggy gameplay!

FPS is not the whole story, it's a balance of smooth framerates combined with high quality textures, anti-aliasing and anistropic filtering, it all plays an important part.

This is all my personal opinion based on years as a PC gamer but it is very interesting to hear other similar folks opinion, from reading threads here I see there are a few people who say "to hell with the quality I want 150fps for my shooters" lol!

1680x1050 High Quality with 4XAA would be a lovely place to be and very achievable using the new gen cards, crossfired would be no problems at all.

Thanks again marc2003, I think I will have to get some benching done tonight! :)

Yea ,, im in 1st place ! !

Crysis%201680x1050%204xaa.jpg

who cares if im the only score submitted :)

ZoomZ if u have time load the game or demo up with those settings please and see if the actual gameplay is as smooth as the bench leads us to believe, also you must be able to see the difference with 4x AA :)

After playing for 1.5 hours or so i only noticed video lag one time .

No noticable difference with 4xaa on but i normaly play crysis at 1900x1200 so its hard to tell .

1900x1200/no aa looks better and cleaner on my screen than 1680x1050/4xaa :/

1900x1200/no aa looks better and cleaner on my screen than 1680x1050/4xaa :/

Same for me.

Remember, Crysis implements 4x edge AA by default anyway. Any extra AA modes you enable are super-sampling, and applied to the entire screen.

Also, remember that Crysis implements 8x AF by default as well. If you force AF on through control panel you will be applying it twice (hence the significant framerate drop when you "enable" AF).

* If you want to turn off the default edge-AA then enter the command:
r_useedgeAA 0

* If you want to adjust the level of AF then use:
r_TexMaxAnisotropy X

(where X is the level of AF, 8 by default, but can be 2, 4, or 16)

Note that you will have to enter the command: con_restricted 0 into the console to be able to enter commands.

ok guys i've finished editing my form. we now have the following options.....

'1280 x 1024 HIGH', (this thread)
'1680 x 1050 HIGH',
'1920 x 1200 HIGH',
'1280 x 1024 VERY HIGH',
'1680 x 1050 VERY HIGH', (my exisiting thread)
'1920 x 1200 VERY HIGH'

'1920 x 1200 HIGH', I've one result when the form is ready.

Just wondering what taxes this game more, 1680x1050 with 4 AA, or 1680x1050 without AA, but on VERY HIGH. (at whatever resolution) Don't have Vista now, so can't run a test.....

Left to right scrolling on these images are making me dizzy on my laptop!

~Ant

Last edited:
Left to right scrolling on these images are making me dizzy on my laptop!
Heh I know what you mean, it's a pain when people post images wider than 750 pixels!

normally I can have two web-browsers side-by-side on a 1920x1200 res monitor, makes info gathering much quicker but I think these people posting huge wide sceenies thinks everyone only has one web browser per monitor? either that or they are using dual-display

cmon guys spend an extra 10 seconds sorting your screenies as it makes viewing so much easier . . .

This is my widescreen view, two IE windows side by side, on the left we see a bit of useful info but mainly someones desktop (why?) and I would need to scroll to view, and on the right is some screenies from a thoughtful user who has made sure all the info can be viewed without scrolling left to right! :cool:

Just a small thing but makes data-trawling a lot faster . . .

750pixelsgz6.jpg

Oh Dr_Fartypants don't be silly! :D

That is a *scaled-down* view of what two windows look side-by-side on a 1920x1200 monitor!

This is a single image you dope! :p

crysis1680x1050ocaaeup7.jpg

*The 750 Pixels Wide Club*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom