OcUK Dadsnet thread

Soldato
It's official, I am now firing blanks! Had the op oack in July but there was still residual swimmers in my samples for the last 8 months.

It's only taken 4 children (oldest 14 youngest 19 months) to decide I needed clipping :eek::D

Soldato
OP
It's official, I am now firing blanks! Had the op oack in July but there was still residual swimmers in my samples for the last 8 months.

It's only taken 4 children (oldest 14 youngest 19 months) to decide I needed clipping :eek::D
8 months?! Bloody hell they must have had beards when they came out!

I'm scheduled in for May and the prospect of having to wait a further 8 months to, ahem, enjoy the positive side of it is a bit of a downer.

Soldato
8 months?! Bloody hell they must have had beards when they came out!

I'm scheduled in for May and the prospect of having to wait a further 8 months to, ahem, enjoy the positive side of it is a bit of a downer.

Just means you have to be more careful, the first two tests came back as slightly positive meaning 1 in every hundred is alive, as your swimmers can live in the associated pipework for months.

Soldato
OP
Just means you have to be more careful, the first two tests came back as slightly positive meaning 1 in every hundred is alive, as your swimmers can live in the associated pipework for months.
I'm gonna bash one out twice a day to clean the old pipes out. There will be nothing left, dead or alive, by day 10

Soldato
I'm gonna bash one out twice a day to clean the old pipes out. There will be nothing left, dead or alive, by day 10
I though this was a good idea but it soon became sore :eek: make sure you have some lube to ease your way through it!! Oh and no lube for your sample.pots or it will get rejected as contaminated.

Soldato
I though this was a good idea but it soon became sore :eek: make sure you have some lube to ease your way through it!! Oh and no lube for your sample.pots or it will get rejected as contaminated.
When I dropped my pot off I was with the Mrs. I was so tempted to ask if saliva contaminates it, but I think my wife would have killed me:D (was strange doing into a tub, and was surprised by how little actually comes out).

Soldato
I know i don't really belong in this thread anymore, but i thought i'd give you guys a small update. Wife is making a great recovery but is feeling a little cabin fever stuck up in Birmingham with her family, we've organized her to come back home next weekend to me before the UK goes into lockdown and we can, at last, get on with our lives. I hope to return to this thread in a couple of years with some good news.

Thanks to everyone who wished us well

Soldato
I know i don't really belong in this thread anymore, but i thought i'd give you guys a small update. Wife is making a great recovery but is feeling a little cabin fever stuck up in Birmingham with her family, we've organized her to come back home next weekend to me before the UK goes into lockdown and we can, at last, get on with our lives. I hope to return to this thread in a couple of years with some good news.

Thanks to everyone who wished us well
Once a dad always a dad @robgmun no matter whats happened big hugs man!

Soldato
My sons turned 20 months.

Really bad cough. Not sleeping well at all.
Oh and now he's developed a fever of 38.9c at last check.

Always sodding ill after going to Nursery.

Soldato

It is bad in first few years... Although we've found with both of ours it does taper off after 2 and they become more resilient, certainly compared to the stay at home kids.

Soldato
OP

Yeah we had that. She never stayed a whole week in nursery without coming out sick for months. Caused us all sorts of grief at work. As said, this gets better eventually and it's just seasonal stuff that gets you. With a cough and a temperature you might want to work from home in case it's the dreaded covid 19 as you'll get whatever they get

Soldato

The wife and I did it a different way. She had her pipes removed and I can still grow a beard :D

Associate
So i've just learnt a valuable lesson at how dangerous toddlers are. My daughter almost broke my nose as I bent down to get her off the potty.

She jumped up quicker and harder then a punch from Mike Tyson, I haven't had a nose bleed for nearly a decade and she just destroyed that whilst laughing it off.

Soldato
So i've just learnt a valuable lesson at how dangerous toddlers are. My daughter almost broke my nose as I bent down to get her off the potty.

She jumped up quicker and harder then a punch from Mike Tyson, I haven't had a nose bleed for nearly a decade and she just destroyed that whilst laughing it off.
Aparently when i was young i knocked my dads 2 front teeth. I know my kids (mainly my son strangely) have headbutted me a couple of times (accidental though) and it does smart quite a bit.

Soldato

For work I carry a small 6inch emergency torch in my leg pocket, my then 1 year old likes to play with it, smacking me in the nose with it..
Broke my nose giving me two lovely black eyes...

Back
Top Bottom