OcUK Dadsnet thread

Soldato
Our travel system arrived today (pushchair , carrycot, isofix, car seat etc) some Oyster3 thing the wife obsessed about.

I decided to have a go at putting it together while grabbing lunch. You need a engineering degree for this stuff. There are like a 1,000 buttons and fold methods etc. I am afraid if i push the wrong button i am going eject the baby into the sky (when it's born in a few weeks).

The car isofix was easy but I didn't realize that it's a complete substitute for using a seat belt. I was trying to get the car belt around it - but it didn't reach (obviously). My neighbor actually stopped me when passing before laughing and telling.

Looking after a new-born is easier than putting the stuff together ..... right ..... Right!!!

I have so much to learn, I feel massively under-prepared :(
That's the least of your worries. Come back in 3 years time and tell us how the sleep and your patience levels are ;)

Soldato
Thanks.

She seems to sleep for 2 hours about 6-7pm ish by herself , anything else we have to cradle her or she is up in arms.

Being a new parent is really tough, I don't envy you guys. The missus wants another one but my health is putting the breaks on that at the moment.

Soldato
The 30 hours was a nice little saving for us when my daughter turned 3 (as was lockdown!). However, now she starts school in September we have to utilise breakfast and after school club for 5 mornings and 4 evenings and it’s going to be a killer. Another £100 per month approx to what we pay currently.
I remember thinking about the savings I would make when my daughter finished nursery and started school, like you say, with the wrap around clubs it makes it even more expensive! I think we pay £56/week for wrap around with discount for needing it every day.

Soldato
Being a new parent is really tough, I don't envy you guys. The missus wants another one but my health is putting the breaks on that at the moment.

It's exhausting, we've had two, neither slept. We're done now, no more.

Yeah she wanted another one but that's it, I'll chop my little willy off if she mentions it, love the girl to bits but it's another level of hard work, roll on the terrible twos!!!

Soldato
After 18 months of waking every 2-3 hours a night, often more, our second has figured out how to sleep.

Praise the lord!
I hear you. We're convinced it was silent reflux, because within an hour or two of putting him down he'd be awake screaming. After so many months (years!) of him like that, it came as relief when he finally improved. We still struggle with a single night sleep through though. He's 3 in October :( luckily, no2 is a dream, by comparison.

Soldato
Yeah she wanted another one but that's it, I'll chop my little willy off if she mentions it, love the girl to bits but it's another level of hard work, roll on the terrible twos!!!

I actually wouldn't mind having another, and we'd been trying but it's just not happening atm. I've got very low testosterone, like 0.3 was the last result when I think the average for a guy my age (38) is like 20. That and with lots of stress surrounding my daughter and her mother etc we've gotten nowhere so just put it on the back burner while we sort stuff out.

Soldato
I actually wouldn't mind having another, and we'd been trying but it's just not happening atm. I've got very low testosterone, like 0.3 was the last result when I think the average for a guy my age (38) is like 20. That and with lots of stress surrounding my daughter and her mother etc we've gotten nowhere so just put it on the back burner while we sort stuff out.

Fingers crossed things get better for you all

Soldato
Fingers crossed things get better for you all

Hopefully things get sorted mate, I appreciate it. I'm under an Endocrinologist now, so just waiting for another appointment and they can hopefully start me on some form of treatment. As for the stress, sadly the ex is a basket case who just never gets any better. Only a few more years before my daughter turns 16 and I legally have no ******* ties to the mad ****!!!

Caporegime
My wide paid for a sleep consultant last week, just as he sorted himself out. Typical :cry:

Yeah we got one and basically just tells you the same advice as everyone else tbh. There is no "secret" to it. A lot of the time it's waking for re-assurance our bodies natural instinct for safety and to be aware of danger. Other times it could be out of hunger or because we made a loud noise, etc.

Caporegime
Yeah we got one and basically just tells you the same advice as everyone else tbh. There is no "secret" to it. A lot of the time it's waking for re-assurance our bodies natural instinct for safety and to be aware of danger. Other times it could be out of hunger or because we made a loud noise, etc.

That was our experience - night wean him and then controlled cry. Nothing a quick Google doesn't tell you.

Back
Top Bottom