OcUK Dadsnet thread

Don
Fines are very much school / area dependent.

Neither of my kids schools have ever issued fines for non-attendance during term time. They mark it as unapproved absence but nothing comes from it, either when I've taken my kids out or friends / family have taken their kids out.

As with all these things, don't take the mickey and nobody will care especially if you are selective with which dates you go.

Associate
Took my boy out in November to go Disneyland, told him to keep stum as the school rejected our request for absence, so we changed the dates.

We told him the morning of the day we were going, we were going to leave for a holiday as soon as he finished school and told him not to tell the teachers...

He told the teachers....

I got a phone call I reassured them he misunderstood and we weren't going till the weekend, then rang in sick for the rest of the week. Was a pain in the bum and I'm sure they knew what we done but couldn't be bothered to do anything about it

fez

fez

Caporegime
Our one year old twins have taken to lying in bed for up to two hours just muttering, chatting and making noises to themselves and each other. Its very annoying and they sleep in later as a result. They are quite happy lying there amusing themselves but we should try and put a stop to it. Problem is, if we go in to try and settle them and get them to sleep they think its fiesta time and stand up and start bouncing and squealing at us. Then we have 2 boys trying to get into each others cots and generally being menaces.

God. Damn. Children!

Man of Honour
Our one year old twins have taken to lying in bed for up to two hours just muttering, chatting and making noises to themselves and each other. Its very annoying and they sleep in later as a result. They are quite happy lying there amusing themselves but we should try and put a stop to it. Problem is, if we go in to try and settle them and get them to sleep they think its fiesta time and stand up and start bouncing and squealing at us. Then we have 2 boys trying to get into each others cots and generally being menaces.

God. Damn. Children!
From the outside it sounds quite cute but I can imagine the irritation it probably causes when you're on the receiving end!

fez

fez

Caporegime
From the outside it sounds quite cute but I can imagine the irritation it probably causes when you're on the receiving end!

Its bloody annoying but they are still so cute at this age. Have to keep resisting the idea of adding another one. My partner keeps reminding me that I can't "make a girl" and that we might get another set of twin boys!

Soldato
Twins sounds like a damn nightmare to me :cry:

The missus keeps saying she wants another hellspawn but it just doesn't seem to be happening right now. Obviously, I'd love any kid we had but I'm really not that bothered anymore.

Associate
We have a boy and a girl. As soon as the girl was home from hospital, I was straight down the doctors to organise the snip. Six weeks later done. Definitely one of my better decisions

Associate
We're in discussions if we can face another and if not, I'll probably opt for the snip
Yeah, similar situation for us. We might wait to see how we feel in the next 12 months and then make a decision but I reckon I'm 90% convinced we're fine as is and my wife is 95% convinced...

Caporegime
We have a boy and a girl. As soon as the girl was home from hospital, I was straight down the doctors to organise the snip. Six weeks later done. Definitely one of my better decisions
How was it? If you don't mind me asking?

I don't have kids but was thinking it's time to get it done.
At 38 I hope the doctors don't push back too hard.

Back
Top Bottom