OcUK DDoS attack - £10,000 reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Godfather
Godfather
Over the last 10 days OcUK servers have been subject to sustained DDoS attacks that have disrupted our on-line store and forums servers. Instigating these kind of attacks is a serious criminal offence and whilst we have strong suspicions who is behind them we need more evidence.

I am offering £10,000 to anyone who can provide evidence that leads to a conviction. You can provide this information anonymously if you want to via [email protected] but the evidence must be something that SOCA (Serious Organised Crime Agency) can use. If you do reveal your identity we will only disclose it to the Police with your permission.

I'd like to apologise to all our customers and forum members for any inconvenience caused. I cannot discuss what action is being taken to protect OcUK from these attacks but I assure you wheels are in motion.

In the meantime, think about what £10K could do for you right now.

Please note - site security has NOT been compromised. Just server uptime, so if you have difficulty placing your order online please call us.

Sales - UK 0870 443 0880
Sales - International +44 870 443 0880
Support - UK 0871 222 8528
Support - International +44 871 222 8528
Systems Support - UK 0871 222 8529
Systems Support - International +44 871 222 8529

Godfather
Godfather
OP
Is it still safe to shop on the website whilst this is going on?
Yes. Security has not been compromised. However, server uptime has so if you have problems call us on one of these numbers.

Sales - UK 0870 443 0880

Godfather
Godfather
OP
Would it be legal to post who the suspect is?

We cant really gather any evidence for you if we have nowhere to start.
No. A suspect is a suspect. I'm not going to name anyone. There are people out there who know who is behind this. They are the people who need to come forward.

Godfather
Godfather
OP
well seeing as how its going to be difficult to catch whoever did this, would it not be better for you to save your 10 grand and spend it on more bandwidth for the site to handle these kind of attacks?

by offering the 10 large reward it obviously shows that this attack has peed you off and your after some sort of retaliation. whoever did the attack is probably laughing now and i wont be surprised if they are watching this thread right now and haveing a right giggle.

probably best to just ignore the attack that way the attackers will get bored and move on.
With the greatest respect you have no idea of the facts involved. I do, hence the reward.

Godfather
Godfather
OP
Looks like the network security guy got told pretty good.

Would OCUK have any insurance against this type of thing? Perhaps there's something in the agreement with the host, i'm not sure. I really hope it hasn't had a huge impact on business, i'd hate to see the best (imo) PC company struggling. I'd happily donate a little if it'd make a difference, like a tip if you like, i've had much use out of the forums and whittled away way too many hours on here. Not to mention the free shipping etc.
Really decent of you, but we are far from struggling. OcUK is a well-run, efficient and profitable business. We are probably in the best position compared to our competitors to ride out any disruption or recession. Lots of others are on a knife edge.

Godfather
Godfather
OP
I know of old who did ddos on here, and would say its the same person? maybe he was getting bored of his current ISP and thought what the heck? do it and get kicked off it as what happened previously.

I wouldn't put it past him.

My 2p.
Please send any info to the email address in the OP.

Godfather
Godfather
OP
Spie, I emailed a part of a log, which mark has replied too, but I was wondering if there was any information you could release to try and compare and review and data you have. Going to try and speak to a few of my mates who are experts in this field tonight.
Thanks for the log. It's being analysed as we speak. Can't give out any info but I have just mailed you.

Godfather
Godfather
OP
Same, need to order a few parts as well which I need for tomorrow and got to out in 10 mins :(
Sales - UK 0870 443 0880

Godfather
Godfather
OP
There are people in the World that do this for fun/competition. Competition between hackers in Russia & other countrys has brought various business sites down in the past. Only reason was to beat the other team.

As for all the Hate from other Forums I'd put that down to small mindedness & jealousy. No other site/forum is as busy as this with such an Active community surrounding tech, Instigating an attack like this or just picking up on Every single complaint over a 9 year period is there only way of having a dig. Also just posting about Overclockers increases traffic & Google hits.
It's not Rocket science.
Well said Malc. You've just summed up the situation perfectly.

Godfather
Godfather
OP
I'm shocked to see some of the comments on the OcUK article on The Register, especially all that fuss with Gibbo (fake, real, whatever) :eek:
There were no real comments posted by OcUK about any ex-employee. Just the efforts of the usual small bunch of retarded keyboard warriors.

Godfather
Godfather
OP
I hope you will understand that we cannot divulge any information regarding whether attacks are ongoing or have stopped or indeed any server details or security measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom