OCUK Dictionary of Commonly Used Abbreviations & Acronyms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
RAID - Redundant Array of Independent Disks not in-expensive disks lol

Although RAID with the meaning ... Independent Disks is now the more common interpretation the "I" can be used as either Independent or Inexpensive, it seems that the original definition from the paper outlining the idea of it used Inexpensive - link courtesy of Wikipedia as the paper name is not something I'd make the habit of remembering.

Soldato
Good stuff andi! You mentioned DRM in the steam entry - maybe it should have it's own entry. Also maybe PCH deserves either an entry of it's own or at least a mention in northbridge or southbridge?

Associate
UEFI - Unified Extensible Firmware Interface

which is what should be replacing the old BIOS fairly soon, didn't see it in the list so thought i'd suggest it.

Associate
Blue Screen - Blue Screen of Death: It looks like this. If you see it - then your system what is wrong. These codes and text displayed on the blue screen can help you diagnose your problem.

Associate
Complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor - nice have wondered what that was b4:D

(yep coulda googled - obviously wasnt That bothered!)

Soldato
OP
ive seen honest opinion used most

Personally, I use it as "humble" as saying this means you are basically giving your 2 pence, not treading on anyone's toes and generally being a nice guy.

Using "honest" doesn't really say anything as one would usually take it as read that your personal opinion would be an honest one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom