• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

-== OcUK Extreme GeForce GTX 280 Amazing Deal! ==-

Hi,
I got my GTX280 today (ordered 24th january when there were +10 retail cards available of the original £189.99 +VAT offer).

What a disappoinment!

The card was a standard Gainward GTX 280 packed in pink bubble plastic bag. The cooler and PCI-E connector were full of scratches and I could easily see that the card was an used one.

The retail box was missing and there were only driver disk on the bag.
All manuals were missing as well as some cables (SLI connector for example).
There were also not sign about the Tomb raider game that should have been included in the retail box
http://www.gainward.com/main/product/vga/pro/datasheet471846200-9351-00067.pdf

It seems to me that they tried to dump one of those B-grade Gainwards to me (which, by the way, are no longer available).

I immediately called to the and they emailed me an RMA application and offered just to give my money back.

I will not accept that offer.

What do you want then?

Hi,
I got my GTX280 today (ordered 24th january when there were +10 retail cards available of the original £189.99 +VAT offer).

What a disappoinment!

The card was a standard Gainward GTX 280 packed in pink bubble plastic bag. The cooler and PCI-E connector were full of scratches and I could easily see that the card was an used one.

The retail box was missing and there were only driver disk on the bag.
All manuals were missing as well as some cables (SLI connector for example).
There were also not sign about the Tomb raider game that should have been included in the retail box
http://www.gainward.com/main/product/vga/pro/datasheet471846200-9351-00067.pdf

It seems to me that they tried to dump one of those B-grade Gainwards to me (which, by the way, are no longer available).

I immediately called to the and they emailed me an RMA application and offered just to give my money back.

I will not accept that offer.

You're lucky I got a new looking retail boxed Zotax GTX280, PC would not post with it in, RMA'd it and it was received back at OC yesterday at 13:43, 13:44 they emailed me saying RMA rejected and 13:47 received DHL shipping advice. Reason being they claim I tampered with the cooler because the screws were loose. They never tested it either. Not happy. Contemplating what to do next.

uh, sorry to see that someone has faulty cards!

I have Zotac gtx280 for about 1 week, runs great, temperature never goes more than 55C-but I alway switch to 70% fan speed when running 3D applications!

my GTX 280 gets hot too, but i thought that was inherent in all 280s? all i do is slap the fan up to 100% before i game and it stays between 50-60C if i remember correctly, i dont think the auto-fan works, no matter how hot my fan gets it seems to saty at 40%, but as i say no problem if you remember to speed your fan up manually before a game.

i should recieve my Gainward (i got the last B grade one) today, but the foot of snow outside tells me the DHL guy would not have bothered even venturing out into the hills of scotland this morning so no doubt i will have to wait longer... im interested to see how the temperatures vary with SLi 280s as a single 280 runs quite toasty as everyone knows.

my BFG GTX280OC , which clocks realy badly not even a oc to 625 core is stabe so i keep it at stock, temps are about 80c at 50% fan when its been folding for awhile , idle is normaly in the high 40's to mid 50's range

Should hopefully be getting mine tomorrow, managed to source an xfx 640mhz core clocked version, should be a nice step up from my 8800gts, hopefully the delivery isnt delayed due to the weather.

You're lucky I got a new looking retail boxed Zotax GTX280, PC would not post with it in, RMA'd it and it was received back at OC yesterday at 13:43, 13:44 they emailed me saying RMA rejected and 13:47 received DHL shipping advice. Reason being they claim I tampered with the cooler because the screws were loose. They never tested it either. Not happy. Contemplating what to do next.

newsflash for anyone that is interested (hears silence) when I got my "so called tampered" card back thought may as well try it, and lo and behold it now works ???!!! Go figure!? :eek:

My Gainward also appears to be a B Grade being passed off as a Retail. Most dissapointed.

It will be a full warrantied Gainward card just without the packaging.

It is a card designed for system integration into our full systems and I can assure you it is a new product. :)

Drop me a FAO in the customer services section and I can send you out a couple of free games to make the bundle a bit better if you like, should also have spares of any SLI connectors etc. you may need.

Just drop us a FAO: thread in the customer support section.

It is a card designed for system integration into our full systems and I can assure you it is a new product. :)

Drop me a FAO in the customer services section and I can send you out a couple of free games to make the bundle a bit better if you like, should also have spares of any SLI connectors etc. you may need.

I think this is a very fair offer and should re assure the customer of Ocers support for their customers.

Mark

Thank Yewen, have replied in the customer support section. Very grateful for the quick responce on the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom