OcUK forum members who have passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don
yep , lets all remember siverpaw and zoltan , all rather surreal when these terrible things happen on a forum , it's at these times that it all becomes so terribly real

Associate
I've only been a member since Christmas 2005. I only looked at Overclockers to buy some computer bits, and then looked in the the forum out of curiosity.

I only discovered the real heart of the forum when I went into GD, as a noob everyone seemed to know each other, I felt like an outsider, it didn't take that long for me to realize that this place has something special to offer for everyone, no matter if your in a wheelchair with flashing lights, your girlfriends doing the dirty on you( or so you thought), if you was involved in the London bombings, or (maybe) if you found something 'fun' to make peoples lives a bit more humorous and fun.

I (know this is sad) think about this place everyday, wheather it's something to post or to make a thread, but overall I THINK more than I used to, I LOVE THIS PLACE and feel deeply sadded for those who cant post anymore

Soldato
Id like to say RIP to the members of this forum (Zoltan & Silverpaw).

Sometimes I find myself thinking that I post on this forum every day or every other day chatting and discusussing subjects with avatars and online-names, but it is really people, sometimes you can forget that behind each message of these forum threads is a person, not just an online persona.

Rich

Soldato
NeedleGunner said:
I've only been a member since Christmas 2005. I only looked at Overclockers to buy some computer bits, and then looked in the the forum out of curiosity.

I only discovered the real heart of the forum when I went into GD, as a noob everyone seemed to know each other, I felt like an outsider, it didn't take that long for me to realize that this place has something special to offer for everyone, no matter if your in a wheelchair with flashing lights, your girlfriends doing the dirty on you( or so you thought), if you was involved in the London bombings, or (maybe) if you found something 'fun' to make peoples lives a bit more humorous and fun.

I (know this is sad) think about this place everyday, wheather it's something to post or to make a thread, but overall I THINK more than I used to, I LOVE THIS PLACE and feel deeply sadded for those who cant post anymore

Never a truer word spoken

I feel that even though I am member that is probably not known, I do contribute and help as much as possible, and see many a name pop up everyday, and it really is seeing your friends name pop up!

you know if they are going to make a quip, post something funny, or close your thread with a tagline that makes you smirk.

I too, do love this place.

Rich

Associate
titchard said:
Never a truer word spoken

I feel that even though I am member that is probably not known, I do contribute and help as much as possible, and see many a name pop up everyday, and it really is seeing your friends name pop up!

you know if they are going to make a quip, post something funny, or close your thread with a tagline that makes you smirk.

I too, do love this place.

Rich

Thank You

Man of Honour
Soldato
RIP :(

IMO, the few members who have passed away will never be forgotten. All it takes is for one person to mention that persons name (or have it in their sig) and the memories come back.

Seeing as there are so many members on these boards, Zoltan, Silverpaw (even Chilters - who I never spoke to but the thread about him saddened me) and any other members who are no-longer with us, will reside with us in spirit :)

Permabanned
Unfortunately I never had the chance to get to know these people. Although from what I've seen I wish I had. Judging from what I've read here and in other threads they certainly left their marks on peoples memories.

To absent friends.

Man of Honour
Orifice said:
Thats what I like most about these forums, everyone pulls together at the right times. Certainly makes for a community rather that just a bunch of people posting. Makes it a unique place to be, and i'm glad to be a part of it.

RIP to all who are sadly no longer with us.

Well said. This forum goes a further step and becomes a community. Not many other forums I visit can say that. RIP to all that have passed away.

Soldato
I didnt really know any of the named people but of course I hope they are resting in peace. I can sort of remember zoltans thread about his cancer, I think I was still quite new to the boards then and didnt come on here much.

RIP to all the mentioned members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom