OcUK forums quieter these days?

Soldato
Quantic said:
Fair dos mate. I wasn't pre-nuke, I arrived just after and been stuck ever since. :p

Now that I can agree with, you just can't get away from this place!

I would not say from where I browse OcUK being quiet, Case Central is the busiest I have ever seen it, and its summer!

Come winter I may not be able to read every post in the section. :(

I'd guess it's because of the recent clampdown on spam and quick fire posting in GD.

Not really, just the summer in my opinion. I am a big forum person usually but I am not doing more than 20 minutes during the day, only active from 11pm+ really.

Just the weather is to good to miss out on some days, plenty of time in the winter for posting when its miserable outside.

Quite a few people seem to think like this I think, just about everything as its the boom period for cinemas and entertainement like bowling aswell.

Most forums are very slow during the summer, and usually the time when the member base completely leaves if the forum is on its last legs. 600+ people on each evening at a given time is not a dead forum. :p

The don thing happened last week, thanks. :)

Soldato
Yewen said:
I would not say from where I browse OcUK being quiet, Case Central is the busiest I have ever seen it, and its summer!
IMO all the hardware forums are busier than usual, seem to be loads of people with disposable income in GH especially (hopefully making Spie a happy chappy)

Soldato
I hate to think what the hardware sections are going to be like in the winter, when the PC industry is in full swing usually.

Busiest I have seen many sections, even for winter so yeh, the spec me up and troubleshooting in the winter will be very interesting, I love a good troubleshoot. :D

M0T

M0T

Soldato
I spend a lot of time on these forums what with it being the Uni break and a lot of my friends being away and I have noticed a general decline in the number of posts in GD. It does seem to purely because there is less spam, people are obviously thinking more about whether it is really necessary to post what they are going to post. Sometimes though I would like to see a few more silly topics because it makes the forum more interesting to read.

Permabanned
Kabaala said:
Is it just me or are the forums a helluva lot quieter now? I've haunted this place for years and there seems to be a LOT less posts, granted its the hardware section i look at. Lol please tell me its just me and it might have been just quiet over the past few days since i returned to the upgrading scene.

You don't have an avatar, you don't have a right to comment :p ;) :D

Soldato
Even if people are out of college and have more time, certainly with the website I work on, we see massively more hits during the winter, when its cold and people have to occupy themselves for longer inside. Even when it's a bit drizzly and crap like at the moment, it's still quite nice outside, so people still go out. In the winter, we all hibernate, and websites get busier. It always happens :)

Soldato
Yewen said:
I hate to think what the hardware sections are going to be like in the winter, when the PC industry is in full swing usually.

Busiest I have seen many sections, even for winter so yeh, the spec me up and troubleshooting in the winter will be very interesting, I love a good troubleshoot. :D

We have just had the launch of the most anticipated CPU in about 3 years (arguably more).

it does feel different in hardware though?....ocuk seem to have lost all the big clockers,

but that could be just me not reading as much as a used to?

Permabanned
OP
I wasn't meaning that these forums are dead or anything, just that there seem to be less replies/threads appearing than what i remember. The spam answer would indeed explain things.

Man of Honour
Far from quiet. One thing I will say is that there seems to be a crapload less banter over the last couple of months that I feel I can join in with. It's either because a lot of my "forum mates" don't seem to post her so much lately, or due to the inevitable influx of kids in summer whom I have pretty much zilch in common with.

Soldato
Yewen said:
Oct 2002.

You will not see a reg date before that.

I see!

My brothers says 0ct 2002 I wonder when he really joined! lol

Guarentee he won't remember!

/edit did think it was strange that he reg'd at the same time as Spie! lol

Soldato
Yup from way before 2002. No idea on the actual start date but the forum was restarted in 2002.

Just check the sign up dates of people, nobodies is before Oct 2002.

Back
Top Bottom