• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Soldato
I hope you're right, the CS guy said the next batch would be at some point in the next 7 days though. Fingers crossed "some point" is today or tomorrow!

Mine shipped on Monday, I think some more shipped yesterday too, either way at least they are moving. The whole EVGA thing would have bothered me less if there was any evidence of the same kind of movement going on there, but sadly not.

I think he said more were coming in Thursday and Friday. MSI has been the only company doing shipments daily. EVGA is the only company that hasn't sent one custom card yet

Stay strong Simon :D

Soldato
I hope you're right, the CS guy said the next batch would be at some point in the next 7 days though. Fingers crossed "some point" is today or tomorrow!

Hope so mate. If you read some of Gibbo's older post from yesterday and today he does say MSI is posting all week. Nothing is absolute in this business.

Associate
the queue thing is confusing but luckily my card isn't a popular card but I am consider to swap to Xtreme Waterforce as Xtreme air many owners on Newegg and reddit reported Fan/frame issue and coil whine.

the Waterforce version doesn't come with Premium googies so the price is a bit expensive for that .

Soldato
All I can say is this is the last time that I pre orfer an EVGA card, because now I know that they send all their first stocks to USA, pretty disappointing I just hope I get mine near the 1st July or if they confirm it will be later than that I will just get something else.

Last edited:
Associate
well, Monday at 4:30pm i was told that all the cards for the day had been sent and I was position 16. Yesterday at 5:20pm I was told that all the cards for the day had been sent but wasn't given a queue number, even though I asked for one and this morning at 10:30am I was told I was 10th in the queue with an unknown eta for more cards.

Hmmm... well unless a few have been sent out this morning after you checked it does kind of look like I've jumped ahead of you in the queue! There are definitely some funny things going on with this system.

Hopefully we'll both get our when the next batch comes in anyway!

Permabanned
All I can say is this is the last time that I pre orfer an EVGA card, because now I know that they send all their first stocks to USA, pretty disappointing I just hope I get mine near the 1st July or if they confirm it will be later than that I will just get something else.

Same here. I switched to the GLH yesterday, but it's annoying because I would have had it by now if I hadn't stayed so long in the queue waiting for the non-existent FTW.

Soldato
I'm just holding on mate. Can only hope it's not long now. How's my MSI gaming X card?

Yours?! :O

My MSI card is fine mate! :)

It's very quiet, and the temps are very good too. I think the highest it's gone is 70 degrees. the fans don't even turn on until it's over 60 degrees or something like that, and even at full tilt they seem pretty quiet.

Was getting a little coil whine in Heaven benchmark, but I didn't notice it in the Witcher when I was playing it earlier. Keeping an ear out for it. Pretty much every card I've ever owned has had coil whine, but my 780 TI was good and I didn't notice any on that (also MSI).

I'm probably going to keep the 780 TI as spare, that way I will have a fallback card if I decide to get a 1080 TI and suffer the wait again when they come along. Also the 780 TI is not worth that much these days considering the price of the 970 new.

Soldato

This^

It is disappointing. Something I will never forget or forgive.

Soldato
Yours?! :O

My MSI card is fine mate! :)

It's very quiet, and the temps are very good too. I think the highest it's gone is 70 degrees. the fans don't even turn on until it's over 60 degrees or something like that, and even at full tilt they seem pretty quiet.

Was getting a little coil whine in Heaven benchmark, but I didn't notice it in the Witcher when I was playing it earlier. Keeping an ear out for it. Pretty much every card I've ever owned has had coil whine, but my 780 TI was good and I didn't notice any on that (also MSI).

I'm probably going to keep the 780 TI as spare, that way I will have a fallback card if I decide to get a 1080 TI and suffer the wait again when they come along. Also the 780 TI is not worth that much these days considering the price of the 970 new.

I won't be waiting like this again. My 1080 will last me until 11 series comes out, but this time I wont pre-order. It's only because I have no GPU I pre-ordered.

Never had coil whine before. Don't know what it sounds like because I've never had it. I've have many GPU's too. Maybe change PSU's It could solve the issue from what I hear?

Soldato
This^

It is disappointing. Something I will never forget or forgive.

Well on top of not shipping anything to date, the bug bears for me from EVGA are:

1. The rep here saying no FTW's have been manufactured except for review samples, whilst in the US newegg were shipping them to people. Internal miscommunication or not, if the rep doesn't know what's going on we have no chance.

2. If it takes 2 weeks from manufacturing to arrival, why wasn't that ETA made clearer earlier? Instead it went from ETA of the 10th, to the 17th, to then 14 days more.

If it's taking 14 days minimum to gear up and provide them in any volumes, that should have been made clearer from the start. In fact no ETA should be given until they enter the manufacturing phase really.

Caporegime

To be fair its not so much about that all stock has gone to the states firs as last time i checked they had succeeded in shipping about 100 FTW to the whole of the US market, but its more about just how far behind EVGA are at making them.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
To be fair its not so much about that all stock has gone to the states firs as last time i checked they had succeeded in shipping about 100 FTW to the whole of the US market, but its more about just how far behind EVGA are at making them.

It annoys me that the US get them before EU/UK mostly! Hopefully with Gibbo at this Nvidia conference, he meets up with the head honcho's of EVGA, gets them mad drunk, and convinces them to send the UK all of the FTW stock! Haha.

__

Someone over at the EVGA forums has said Amazon UK gave him a delivery date of the 28th June - here's to hoping we get them soon!

Associate
Expecting a GLH today, apparently the 1080 driver is the same as the one I currently have for my GTX 760 - does anyone recommend uninstalling everything with DDU or not bother since its the same driver?

I'm a little concerned because my Acer Predator XB270HUDbmiprz only goes up to 120hz instead of 144hz - OC say its probably the card, Asus say it should handle it so perhaps a full driver reinstall is in order when I put it in?

You don't need to use DDU.

I only ever remove drivers if going from nvidia > AMD or vice versa.

Never do it if staying with the same brand.

Soldato
Well on top of not shipping anything to date, the bug bears for me from EVGA are:

1. The rep here saying no FTW's have been manufactured except for review samples, whilst in the US newegg were shipping them to people. Internal miscommunication or not, if the rep doesn't know what's going on we have no chance.

2. If it takes 2 weeks from manufacturing to arrival, why wasn't that ETA made clearer earlier? Instead it went from ETA of the 10th, to the 17th, to then 14 days more.

If it's taking 14 days minimum to gear up and provide them in any volumes, that should have been made clearer from the start. In fact no ETA should be given until they enter the manufacturing phase really.

Agree. That's where they messed up. We still don't know when? It's like the lottery.

Back
Top Bottom