• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Soldato
I am just a bit worried about the FTW now as one store has an ETA of the 23rd July, I know it is ETA but none of their other cards have an ETA of the 23rd July? Most are 30th June or first week of July, but FTW is the only card listed as 23rd of July... Is not making me very confident about it.

Last edited:
Soldato
ben @ EVGA or anyone @ EVGA can we have some confirmation on when the first batches of FTW will arrive, I am 70-80 in the queue, can you tell me when I am likely to get the FTW, I am considering swapping for another card. If it is going to be early July then I will wait.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I am just a bit worried about the FTW now as one store has an ETA of the 23rd July, I know it is ETA but none of their other cards have an ETA of the 23rd July? Most are 30th June or first week of July, but FTW is the only card listed as 23rd of July... Is not making me very confident about it.

Probably account for numbers to clear pre-orders.

Eg if a site has 1000 orders for a card and even if they know that perhaps cards will start coming in on 1st July but it will take until 23rd to get enough to clear orders, then sensible to put 23rd as expected date. That is when you will/should get that card if you ordered it today.

On the other hand ocuk always lists eta as the date they next expect stock in. It does not tell you that only 10 are due in and 100 are already sold and that there will be any spare available for anybody ordering today.

For example I think the GLH was listed as expected on 20th. They got 10 which wasnt enough to clear back orders.

I've always felt that its not an ideal system the way that ocuk do pre-orders/expected dates.

Soldato
Whoop! My 1070 MSI Gaming X arrived today :)

Just need to make it through the work day! I finally get to kill off my god awful AMD 290 with the reference blower, no more 94 C temps and underclocking!

Associate
MSI Gaming x or the Gigabyte G1 - anyone recommend which one to go for adding up the rma process as well?

Not sure which is coming into stock quicker either.

Associate
I'm now 9th in the queue for the MSI Gaming X (up from 28th yesterday) but they say they're expecting the next shipment in the next 7 days but can't guarantee.

I was really starting to think I would get it by the weekend but it doesn't sound promising now!

Associate
Can anyone say what the difference is between the Inno X3 and X4? I can't spot the difference in the product pages? Apart from the price ;)

X3
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/inno...graphics-card-c108v3-2sdn-p6dn-gx-061-in.html

X4
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/inno...graphics-card-c108v4-2sdn-p6dn-gx-062-in.html

From what I know online - The X4 has the top fan for extra cooling.

Also, in their history, the X3 has been quietness as priority at a slight temperature expense. The X4 has been all about the cooling, possibly slightly louder. (but still more than tolerable).

Apparently two slightly different fan designs for the main 3 fans but I will update more between now and Saturday when I get my complete new skylake / Ichill X4 shiny system actually built and installed!

Soldato
Can anyone say what the difference is between the Inno X3 and X4? I can't spot the difference in the product pages? Apart from the price ;)

X3
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/inno...graphics-card-c108v3-2sdn-p6dn-gx-061-in.html

X4
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/inno...graphics-card-c108v4-2sdn-p6dn-gx-062-in.html
Different fans on the cooler (presumably better quality ones), plus an extra fan on top.

X3:
inno3d-gtx-1080-ichils1o1g.png

X4:
inno3d-gtx-1080-ichilqepg1.png

Associate
I'm now 9th in the queue for the MSI Gaming X (up from 28th yesterday) but they say they're expecting the next shipment in the next 7 days but can't guarantee.

I was really starting to think I would get it by the weekend but it doesn't sound promising now!

Something really funky going on with the queues then. I was 16th yesterday and now i'm 10th this morning. I can only imagine there is a seperate queue for system builds and less cards are being assigned to it :confused:

Associate
Changed my FTW to the Xtreme today. This experience with EVGA has been so frustrating that i don't want the damn thing in my system now lol.

My order on the 27th for the FTW puts me in the top 3 for the Xtreme, they said they currently only have three pre-orders dated 27th. :D CS confirmed they should be in by the end of the week.

Good luck everyone.

Back
Top Bottom