• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Soldato
Just received my Xtreme PP. Just a heads up that Gigabyte have not solved the centre fan catching (On mine anyway)

I'm not going to return it. I will adjust it myself as I cannot play the waiting game any longer. The Parcel was very well packed by OcUK but the Gigabyte box inside was very slightly damaged.

Gigabyte really dropped the ball on this issue.

Associate
Strix OC price went up to 750. The original 620 is a pretty sweet deal now if we ever get the card. =/ Almost swapped for something else but looking at the prices I just stay strong with this one and hope.

Associate
An annoyance! That's an understatement :D. This waiting game came right off the back of the waiting game for my Oculus Rift. I just can't do it any more!

Ah, Fellow Rift Brother. In about 4 more days I will have ended up waiting longer for my Strix 1080 OC than the extra wait for my Rift. Theres only one thing worse than waiting 6 weeks past your original Rift shipping estimate of April which you eventually received on May 28th.....and thats sitting staring and sobbing over your May 28th received Rift....for another 6 weeks waiting for a GPU to use the bloody thing!! :D

Last edited:
Associate
Considering a single 980 is about as fast as 770 SLI in games then yes a single 1080 should be a nice improvement.

Gregster (Gregster reviews) has a review on his YouTube channel with the G1 gaming. Selection of games on there for you to compare performance against your current 770 SLI.

Oohhh ok :D well cant wait to get my hands on it now thanks tyler_jrb and just watched the Gregster video

Soldato
Well the rainforest CS have jsut told me that there apparent 195item delivery of EVGA FTW 1080's that were coming in today no longer are and told me to wait another two weeks... I guess OCUK isn't alone :mad:

Associate
Well the rainforest CS have jsut told me that there apparent 195item delivery of EVGA FTW 1080's that were coming in today no longer are and told me to wait another two weeks... I guess OCUK isn't alone :mad:

I think Gibbo/Ben mentioned before that this would be false information about that number but we are receiving the 1st batch this week and another batch the following week

OcUK Staff
OP

They were never getting any, Ben from EVGA even said so and they won't get any at the pricing they ordered because the landed cost is now vastly higher.

I'd be very surprised if they do not cancel all their orders as they are or were still at pre-brexit prices so they are actually losing money.

Our stock is due Thursday, so were not in the same situation, were in a far better situation and people who ordered will be getting their cards shipped this Thursday/Friday as we have both FTW and SC 1080's landing. :)

Soldato
They were never getting any, Ben from EVGA even said so and they won't get any at the pricing they ordered because the landed cost is now vastly higher.

I'd be very surprised if they do not cancel all their orders as they are or were still at pre-brexit prices so they are actually losing money.

Our stock is due Thursday, so were not in the same situation, were in a far better situation and people who ordered will be getting their cards shipped this Thursday/Friday as we have both FTW and SC 1080's landing. :)

Tomorrow for friday delivery would be great.

Associate

Still only 50 FTW as far as you're aware Gibbo?

Soldato

I'm still clinging on to hope that it will arrive in stock tomorrow... from what Ben said my understanding was that they were getting less than the 195 they claimed, not that they were getting non at all! And yeah they no doubt will be losing money as I got 5% discount too and paid about 559

Ben I know this is OCUK forum but are the rainforest getting ANY anytime soon?

edit: here is the source of other "major retailers" still getting stock today/tomo..

In UK my major UK retailors will have their stock on the same days this week. Depends on customs though earliest will be Wednesday 6th and latest Thursday 7th unless any unforeseen circumstances. This stands for both SC and FTW models.

Ben

Last edited:
Associate

Incredible news. Fingers crossed! Thanks Gibbo

Gee

Gee

Soldato

Gibbo, if you could take a photo of the pallet when they arrive, that'd be great! :p

Tomorrow for friday delivery would be great.

I hope so, Simon!

Back
Top Bottom