• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
nice, it does look pretty decent. let us know how it fares. benchmarks and all

@Griffildur Ok so I did some benching unfortunately it doesn't seem to have completely fixed my issue :(. Anyway, first I ran the original 3D Mark - Fire Strike which with my EVGA GTX970 SOC I scored: 9534 (Before my issues began) and my New 1080 Scored: 16943. The temperature reached 56c and didn't really go much above that.

The second test I ran was the Fire strike Ultra (4K) Now I don't have a 4K display but my partner wanted me to run it. I never got the chance to run it on my 970 but my partner has a 780ti and a I7-2600k and he scored: 2060 and my 1080 and I7-4790k scored: 5396.

Hope this info is useful to you. The card is a beaut! and runs very nice. Very happy with my purchase. Hope you get yours soon.

Associate
Just noticed that a third Asus Strix card has been listed, still no sign of the OC version however.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...dr5x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-409-as.html

Huh. I can't see any reason for doing that unless they plan to discontinue the OC. They already have a sku for a lower clock.

I wish I could change my order to one of the more available strix cards for no extra cost, but apparently that's not possible, despite the card I ordered now being the most expensive.

Associate
Huh. I can't see any reason for doing that unless they plan to discontinue the OC. They already have a sku for a lower clock.

I wish I could change my order to one of the more available strix cards for no extra cost, but apparently that's not possible, despite the card I ordered now being the most expensive.

They must have a reason to introduce a third card with clocks between the standard and the OC, perhaps they really are having trouble getting enough to hold the highest overclock. We now have:

GeForce GTX 1080 DirectCU III Strix Aura RGB 8192MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card Base Clock: 1607mhz Boost Clock: 1733mhz

GeForce GTX 1080 DirectCU III Strix Gaming Aura RGB 8192MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card Base Clock: 1695mhz Boost Clock: 1835mhz

GeForce GTX 1080 DirectCU III OC Strix Gaming Aura RGB 8192MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card Base Clock: 1784mhz Boost Clock 1936Mhz

Not sure the introduction of this third card bodes well for those of us waiting for the OC version since May.

Associate
still no eta on more 1080 amp extreme??? , still never got an answer to why people ordered them couple weeks ago got theirs in front of people who have been waiting 4 weeks+!

Associate
I seem to be the only person waiting for an MSI Armour (non OC) :(. Let down because I didn't realize I had to digitally sign the finance deal, never had any contact from anyone to say this was still outstanding and then thrown to the back of the cue for my troubles once sorted.

Would have changed to the Amp Extreme but with the prices going up so much and then potentially having to wait for god knows how long to get that too, is there any point.

All the while my Rift has finally been delivered and is just sat there waiting to be loved :(

Associate
My Rift arrived May 28th.

I'm still a VRgin!! :( :(

Ditto, mine came at the start of June and it's killing me just being sat there. I thought, great my card and my headset are going to arrive at almost exactly the same time, but that plan went down the toilet.

Fortunately I'm off to a friends house this weekend so going to hook it up to his PC but the only thing more frustrating than waiting for VR is having VR but being unable to use it :(

Soldato
Our stock is due Thursday, so were not in the same situation, were in a far better situation and people who ordered will be getting their cards shipped this Thursday/Friday as we have both FTW and SC 1080's landing. :)

So what you're saying Gibbo, is that there is a slim chance you will deliver my pair of 1080s on Friday... When i'm away for the whole weekend :rolleyes:

Looking forward to receiving them none the less!! Enjoy racing ;)

Gee

Gee

Soldato
So with you over seeing pre-orders and gone tomorrow how you going to make sure everyone gets the right FTW and SC pre-order? I hope they don't screw it up like they did last time you were gone?

Products are shipped in date order, you know what position you are in the queue - what else do you need? I'm sure you'll get your FTW, Simon. A lot of us are in the same position...

Associate
Ditto, mine came at the start of June and it's killing me just being sat there. I thought, great my card and my headset are going to arrive at almost exactly the same time, but that plan went down the toilet.

Fortunately I'm off to a friends house this weekend so going to hook it up to his PC but the only thing more frustrating than waiting for VR is having VR but being unable to use it :(

What card do you have currently, my brother and me are running GTX770's until new systems turn up, the Vive works fine in most games with this even though it is below min spec supposedly.
That's an EVGA SC version I have.

May be worth trying you rift, if nothing else it will get the software installed.

Last edited:
Soldato
Products are shipped in date order, you know what position you are in the queue - what else do you need? I'm sure you'll get your FTW, Simon. A lot of us are in the same position...

Of course, but last time Gibbo wasn't there a lot of single pre-orders went to system builds. Quite a few weren't happy. The queue system didn't work. I think we're all a bit jumpy how this 1080 pre-order silliness has gone :(

Last edited:
Associate
@Griffildur Ok so I did some benching unfortunately it doesn't seem to have completely fixed my issue :(. Anyway, first I ran the original 3D Mark - Fire Strike which with my EVGA GTX970 SOC I scored: 9534 (Before my issues began) and my New 1080 Scored: 16943. The temperature reached 56c and didn't really go much above that.

The second test I ran was the Fire strike Ultra (4K) Now I don't have a 4K display but my partner wanted me to run it. I never got the chance to run it on my 970 but my partner has a 780ti and a I7-2600k and he scored: 2060 and my 1080 and I7-4790k scored: 5396.

Hope this info is useful to you. The card is a beaut! and runs very nice. Very happy with my purchase. Hope you get yours soon.

yeah, those scores look alright. Enjoy your card in something other than benchmarks!

Back
Top Bottom