• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Hey,
Sorry didn't know about that. I was looking for the section but couldn't find it, now I know why :)
I'll delete my post.
I've raised RMA already and it was approved, but I thought I'll make someone local to me happy and save on posting back.

Buying and selling hardware can only be done in the members market (you need 1000 Posts on a 12 month account for access)

If within 14 days of purchase you can send it back for a refund.

Caporegime
Yeah but so is raising prices by over £100, and accepting pre-orders with no idea of arrival dates. I have no sympathy for retailers anymore :|

Fair enough r.e. the classy though. Does it still look as beefy as everyone was hoping, or is the Xtreme looking to be more powerful?

edit: Clocks are identical to the FTW... will this card really be worth it? Here is hoping when watercooled it'll overclock well...

I suspect no better than the FTW or dare I say even the flounders........:(

Associate
I wouldn't see the point in the classified or even kingpin as kingpin has only gotten his to 2.8 on ln2 didn't he? so it really does look like through normal use 2.0-2.1ghz is the best you'll get through normal use. You'll get the odd one here and there that can do 2.2 rare though

Caporegime
I wouldn't see the point in the classified or even kingpin as kingpin has only gotten his to 2.8 on ln2 didn't he? so it really does look like through normal use 2.0-2.1ghz is the best you'll get through normal use. You'll get the odd one here and there that can do 2.2 rare though

The unlocked 1.25v bios which you can download is giving 2.1 to 2.2 on air and 2.3 to 2.4 on water.

But temps are the key. You are advised not to go over 1.15v on air. Need to keep it below 50C to reach 2.3 to 2.4 stable.

Apparently people are getting just as good results with the voltage bios with flounders cards as they are with custom AIB (on water anyway)

Custom AIB ten to have better coolers so slightly better max on air. Added advantage if they have dual bios for warranty purposes.

SO overall with Pascal, nothing really much to be gained from the expensive custom cards unlike the 980ti.

Soldato
Ahem...

IMG_0680_zpsw9fzgt2p.jpg

Had to do some quick bends to remove the 980Ti from my loop while I wait for the blocks to be released... But they're in. Bridge arriving in a few days to replace the sexy brown ribbons.

On the plus side my CPU is now enjoying 720mm of radiator all to itself.

Associate
Ahem...

IMG_0680_zpsw9fzgt2p.jpg

Had to do some quick bends to remove the 980Ti from my loop while I wait for the blocks to be released... But they're in. Bridge arriving in a few days to replace the sexy brown ribbons.

Very nice build! Question though, where did you get your custom sleeved cables from? I want some but i feel that it's a waste to buy a whole set.

Soldato
The unlocked 1.25v bios which you can download is giving 2.1 to 2.2 on air and 2.3 to 2.4 on water.

But temps are the key. You are advised not to go over 1.15v on air. Need to keep it below 50C to reach 2.3 to 2.4 stable.

Apparently people are getting just as good results with the voltage bios with flounders cards as they are with custom AIB (on water anyway)

Custom AIB ten to have better coolers so slightly better max on air. Added advantage if they have dual bios for warranty purposes.

SO overall with Pascal, nothing really much to be gained from the expensive custom cards unlike the 980ti.

I keep reading about supposed throttles at 50C, doesnt happen on my 1070, are people really sure there is a 50C throttle and its not because they hitting the power limit?

Yes I have a 1070 not 1080 but I would expect both to have similar throttle policies.

Soldato
Very nice build! Question though, where did you get your custom sleeved cables from? I want some but i feel that it's a waste to buy a whole set.

These ones are from Sal @ Shakmods, although I've just bought the stuff to do it my self moving forwards... I did a bit of a rush job so they're a bit scruffy but i'll tidy them another day!

Cards are running well, 65-70c after a lot of gaming, mine seem to settle at 1965 on the clocks, i've not pushed them further and I probably won't until I get my EK blocks on em. That and these ***** brown bridges which need to go ;)

Caporegime
I keep reading about supposed throttles at 50C, doesnt happen on my 1070, are people really sure there is a 50C throttle and its not because they hitting the power limit?

Yes I have a 1070 not 1080 but I would expect both to have similar throttle policies.

Can't be power limit as the card would run the same speed at 50C and at 70C.

Its not the fall off a cliff throttling that occurs at 83C but is a slow reduction after 50C.

On 1080's people find that if you let the card go over 50C you loose 50Hz of your max boost. I think it drops again somewhere in the 60s as well. So the max boost under watercooled is always more than you get with air cooling.

You sure that doesnt happen on the 1070 as well?

So, esp when you add extra volts, to get your max OC of your card you need to keep it below 50C.

Heres one example of many I have seen on the net.

update: after playing the Witcher 3 for about 2 hours
when the card hit 50'C the clock will decrease to 2101Mhz

before hit 50'C
MjmEH7y.jpg

after hit 50'C
6PwzQdC.jpg

Associate
Ahem...

IMG_0680_zpsw9fzgt2p.jpg

Thats a really nice build but I might being a bit of newbie here but whats with the tissue? makes it look meh. please tell me you don't need the perm?

Back
Top Bottom