• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Soldato
Thats a really nice build but I might being a bit of newbie here but whats with the tissue? makes it look meh. please tell me you don't need the perm?

Custom water loop, the blocks for these 1080s are not released yet so I had to remove my 980Ti and make a quick section across. The tissue is just there while its leak testing. Usually looks like this (980Ti in its full block):

Photo%2022-05-2016%2012%2022%2025_zpsf4ucteg0.jpg

I like your little comment at the bottom there ;) haha! nice build matey! enjoy your new cards! have you tried tinkering with overclocking them yet? :)

Not yet, i'm not sure I will until both are underwater... The airflow in the case isnt the best for air cooling but my 980Ti overclocked a treat. They are running happily at 1965 stock boost though with nothing changed.

What I do need though Benny EVGA face, is a nice HB bridge... Surely they must be nearly here now? :)

Soldato
Cards are running well, 65-70c after a lot of gaming, mine seem to settle at 1965 on the clocks, i've not pushed them further and I probably won't until I get my EK blocks on em. That and these ***** brown bridges which need to go ;)

Anything over 1900mhz is good. My 1080 FTW does 2050mhz on stock.

How's SLI with your 1080's?

Associate
Custom water loop, the blocks for these 1080s are not released yet so I had to remove my 980Ti and make a quick section across. The tissue is just there while its leak testing. Usually looks like this (980Ti in its full block):

Photo%2022-05-2016%2012%2022%2025_zpsf4ucteg0.jpg

Not yet, i'm not sure I will until both are underwater... The airflow in the case isnt the best for air cooling but my 980Ti overclocked a treat. They are running happily at 1965 stock boost though with nothing changed.

What I do need though Benny EVGA face, is a nice HB bridge... Surely they must be nearly here now? :)

I am looking to do a new build next year. I know some parts I want but having a hard time picking a case. Needs to be big enough for 2 x 1080's with water cooling for the gpu's and cpu. Anyone got any recommendations for which case to go for?

Last edited:
Associate
Hi there

1080 Armour OC, arrived, all regular Armour orders upgraded to the OC part at no additional cost, you will get your cards tomorrow, we have spare stock but the price has gone up vastly.

Hi Gibbo,

Have been waiting for my non-OC'ed Armour to be stocked when I came across this post.

Why was it my non-OC'ed order wasn't upgraded when the rest of the orders were? I mean, I pre-ordered and placed my finance order on the 27th May, and because I didn't realise I had to digitally sign the order, my date and everything else was reset, surely this shouldn't mean I should miss out though?

I'd happily pay the £20 difference between the two cards so that I can get it now but I'm fed up of waiting, no one seems to be able to tell me when the other card is going to be in stock, if at all (especially if you upgraded everyone else to the OC) and the price of all the others has gone up so much that I can't afford to swap my order. Is there any thing I can do?

Soldato
Hi Gibbo,

Have been waiting for my non-OC'ed Armour to be stocked when I came across this post.

Why was it my non-OC'ed order wasn't upgraded when the rest of the orders were? I mean, I pre-ordered and placed my finance order on the 27th May, and because I didn't realise I had to digitally sign the order, my date and everything else was reset, surely this shouldn't mean I should miss out though?

I'd happily pay the £20 difference between the two cards so that I can get it now but I'm fed up of waiting, no one seems to be able to tell me when the other card is going to be in stock, if at all (especially if you upgraded everyone else to the OC) and the price of all the others has gone up so much that I can't afford to swap my order. Is there any thing I can do?

I believe if you paid by finance then there is nothing that can be done regarding swapping of cards unfortunately. I am sure customer service will be able to confirm that.

I know they weren't able to split my order so that I got my other components prior to my EVGA SC coming in to stock for the same reason.

Associate
Hi Gibbo,

some SKU's MSI have forgot even exist

Caporegime
I am looking to do a new build next year. I know some parts I want but having a hard time picking a case. Needs to be big enough for 2 x 1080's with water cooling for the gpu's and cpu. Anyone got any recommendations for which case to go for?

Enthoo Primo are cavernous.

Thats what Im currently putting my new build into. Even room for two psu's if you want.

Plenty of space to fit a 420 rad on top, 480 on bottom, 240 on front, 140 on rear and a 240 on the side if you want.

Nice to be working on a case with so much space. Added bonus choice of interior case colours plus all come with led lighting with connectors for another 5 led strips plus a 11 fan controller hub.

Soldato
Anything over 1900mhz is good. My 1080 FTW does 2050mhz on stock.

How's SLI with your 1080's?

Seems to be working pretty well, i've not done it before so at the moment i've got them in sync mode and not pushed them much. I'm expecting the HB bridge to improve things a bit given i'm using a 144hz refresh screen in 1440p... Plus one of those ribbons is mad old, I literally found it in a draw somewhere.

Plenty to choose from mate, i'm planning on something that allows for 2 x 420mm rads which will give me plenty of cooling for this lot. P.s. stop quoting the images or you'll get shouted at ;)

The unlocked 1.25v bios which you can download is giving 2.1 to 2.2 on air and 2.3 to 2.4 on water.

EVGA Bios? Link?

Associate
Enthoo Primo are cavernous.

Thats what Im currently putting my new build into. Even room for two psu's if you want.

Plenty of space to fit a 420 rad on top, 480 on bottom, 240 on front, 140 on rear and a 240 on the side if you want.

Nice to be working on a case with so much space. Added bonus choice of interior case colours plus all come with led lighting with connectors for another 5 led strips plus a 11 fan controller hub.

Glad you mention this one as this is one of the cases I was looking at. I love the orange and green interiors.

Caporegime
EVGA Bios? Link?

Asus Strix OC bios but will work on any card inc FE (but again dont go over 1.15v and best on water)

Be advised not to go over 1.15v on air cooling though and also best used on cards with dual bios in case you brick it on flashing.

http://filehorst.de/download.php?file=bAurGoxG

Apparently Asus gave their cards more volts and all the other AIB card makers to get to their advertised clocks.

Associate
some SKU's MSI have forgot even exist

I regret many of my 1080 purchasing decisions such as not paying a bit more as I didn't think I'd need to, or swapping it when the prices were still cheap. My work mate ordered one on Monday and should have it by now, where as I put my order in a month and a half ago and I'm still waiting.

Fed up with this whole bloody ordeal now.

Back
Top Bottom