• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Soldato
Thanks Ben.

This is still been an absolute joke though.

Let's hope this info is correct and we do see the product in our hands by next week.

Oh hell yes.... Right in there at the front of the line waiting patiently for a pair of FTWs.

Now to buy a load of other stuff I don't really need while I wait :)

Associate
Trying to forget about my FTW cards but the hope of actually seen them before I start work is getting less and less each day sadly :( I hope for Saturday to see them at least dispatched ! Or some news!

Associate
Hi there

Spoke with Asus HQ this morning, they deny the rumours and state 1080 Strix OC is still in production and that they are just rumours no doubt created by their competitors as they have the no.1 selling 1080.

Official statement on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/ASUS_ROGUK/status/747810210799034368

Awesome, and what the ETA for your next batch of STRIX? Is it many coming to OC in that batch?

Associate
So more MSI, but still no news from them on Aero?

I guess MSI want to sell more premium GPUs and "force" us to switch or wait inderfinitely. At least that's the way I see it.

It's sad though, knowing the fact that many potential Aero owners cancelled and ordered Gaming X as it is easier to get one. From that perspective, MSI might have won. It's a very dirty business tactic though.

Last edited:
Associate
Regarding the Aero, Nvidia's founder "strategy" didn't really pay off >.>

It did in a sense as there were still plenty of buyers that got tired of waiting for custom AIBs and went for the founders edition. This may not be the case in OC but if you read reddit and other channels, you may think that NVIDIA got what they wanted.

Associate
It did in a sense as there were still plenty of buyers that got tired of waiting for custom AIBs and went for the founders edition. This may not be the case in OC but if you read reddit and other channels, you may think that NVIDIA got what they wanted.

I meant the whole PR thing where they said they didn't wanna cut into AIB's by undercutting them with a reference card.

Back
Top Bottom