• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Soldato
Regarding EVGA, they 100% got shipment on Friday. There is also an extra shipment coming in Tuesday I believe Ben said and then the scheduled shipment arriving Thursday/ Friday next week.

Caporegime
My FTW is very quiet (playing GTAV). Far more quiet than my previous MSI 980ti. It maxes at 74 degrees under full load, 56% fan.
It achieves 2050 GHz (seems to be the common max for the FTW, it maxed at 2050 with a higher unstable overclock, a lower stable one still gets 2050).
When the 1080 was first announced, very excited. Reviews came out and expectations were tempered. Playing GTAV and the performance matches the initial excitement.
MSI 980ti: wavered between 74 to 56 fps. 1080 FTW wavers between 100 to 66 fps, mostly staying in the 90's (soild 100fps during stunt races). (on Acer x34).

You see none of those performance figures you gave there are that great :(

The temps, fan speed and overclock are worse than cheaper cards in stock.

Last edited:
Associate
was that from s##n ? as i had that happen to me so i told them to **** off

No, it was another company that has recently been taken over by a big british telephone company...

Sending one back because it "only" does 2050mhz is madness... just keep it.

That's not why I'm returning it. As mentioned previously I also have an FTW on order with OCers. I bought the Strix because it was being advertised as a Strix OC at a decent price. Opened the box and it turned out to be a regular non-oc Strix. I would rather save £50 and wait for the FTW which are better 'binned' chips.

Associate
No, it was another company that has recently been taken over by a big british telephone company...

That's not why I'm returning it. As mentioned previously I also have an FTW on order with OCers. I bought the Strix because it was being advertised as a Strix OC at a decent price. Opened the box and it turned out to be a regular non-oc Strix. I would rather save £50 and wait for the FTW which are better 'binned' chips.

50£ less is a fair point, but performance wise you're not getting anything more, 2050 is almost as good as it gets.

Back
Top Bottom