• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Well thts good news for me as I ordered on the 14th. Hopefully will get mine shipped Friday but depends if people switch thier orders to the FTW. Knowing there is a bonus order this week. :/

What difference does it make? No one will be placed in the queue before you. If anything they will be placed at the end of the queue. Not my problem someone decided to jump ships. First will be served those who stick to their guns and remained in the queue from the start. I placed my order on the 12th so its been 5 weeks that I've been waiting. Do you imply I would lose my spot in the queue on the account of someone changing their mind and 'swapping from one card to the other'? Their decision, not my problem. Keep clear of my spot or I'll put a curse on thee!

Associate
When did you order out of interest? Ordered mine back on the 9th June along with a block and thought I'd have it in a few weeks at most. I'm on holiday this week, would have been the perfect time for it to arrive so I could get it in the loop but not looking likely at present :(

Caught myself eyeing up the Palit founders edition the other night, £600 and in stock. Must stay strong :D

I didn't order until the 15th June (payday for me!) so I'm behind you in the queue, I was 20th around the end of June but I've no idea if any have even come in at all, I'm expecting it to be delayed due to being the lowest profit margin unit so when supplies are short they'll ship other models first :mad: which block did you go for outta interest? I went with the Aqua Computer one with the active cooling backplate :cool:

Associate
well my G1 gaming arrived and installed today, fantastic card! out of the box just over 2ghz and max gpu temp is 63degrees, 3 degrees cooler and the fans would switch off! very glad i switched from SC to the bigger card, gibbo was right about temps very cool running card and absolutely silent! :D tried a couple games @3440x1440@60hz like starwars battlefront and project cars with ultra setting and fps locked at 60 and the card runs about 52degrees lol. would highly reccomend!

Soldato
What difference does it make? No one will be placed in the queue before you. If anything they will be placed at the end of the queue. Not my problem someone decided to jump ships. First will be served those who stick to their guns and remained in the queue from the start. I placed my order on the 12th so its been 5 weeks that I've been waiting. Do you imply I would lose my spot in the queue on the account of someone changing their mind and 'swapping from one card to the other'? Their decision, not my problem. Keep clear of my spot or I'll put a curse on thee!

If someone who ordered ANY 1080 before you decides to switch card to the 1 you are in a queue for, they jump ahead of you.

Unfair, but that is the way it is.

Associate
If someone who ordered ANY 1080 before you decides to switch card to the 1 you are in a queue for, they jump ahead of you.

Unfair, but that is the way it is.

WOW!! I'd like to see ANYONE do something like this standing in a queue to a till in a shop and not be slapped in the face! You leave a queue for another queue you go to the end of the line!! I mean REALLY?? And everyone is OK with that?? Not many 'going out of the house to see the real world' kind of people around here I suppose.. Live and learn. Fingers crossed there won't be 31 people switching before Friday then... [Facepalm]

Associate
In case anyone was still thinking about switching, I received my Strix (not the OC version) yesterday as a replacement for the SC which I have given up waiting for as EVGA have prioritised manufacturing the FTW over the SC.

After messing around with it yesterday, I'm really surprised there's still stock left.

It boosts to 1950 without me touching a thing and was running at 60 deg even in yesterday's heat so 2050+ should be easy to get to. I only have 1080p monitors so I'm not going to be really stressing it any time soon, but was surprised at just how good the passive cooling is. Playing Rocket League split screen over multiple monitors didn't even bother spinning up the fans most of the time.

The downside though, and admittedly this might be a deal breaker, it doesn't come with Harribo.

Associate
That's how I felt about my G1, I was never in the que for an EVGA card kept reading this thread about the wait times, then some money came my way looked on OC saw the G1 and bought :D

And really happy with it, but if something went wrong with my card then I gather this is where EVGA are kings uk base warranty.

Associate
Woo, first post on these forums!

Been following this thread since the launch of the GTX 1080 which has been quite a journey it seems!

I managed to get my order in 29th May for the EVGA 1080 Classified card - which has put me 9th in the queue. Like many i have patiently waited for news for card delivery estimates - the ETA on the product info page was updated several times and before it was removed completely the last date for it was 22nd July (This coming Friday).

I've been watching EVGA's Jacob Freeman over and got all excited when he tweeted out the pictures of the box and the Overclocks he was getting from it last weekend, so i immediately hopped on the forums here to see if there was anymore news, but it doesn't seem like there's anymore updates for it.

@Ben - Do you know when your likely to get any of the 1080 Classys over to Overclockers? I recall you saying there might be a small batch first with more to follow? Is that still the case?

Thanks!

Associate
Well thts good news for me as I ordered on the 14th. Hopefully will get mine shipped Friday but depends if people switch thier orders to the FTW. Knowing there is a bonus order this week. :/

i ordered mine on the 29th june, i checked with CS on the 16 july, that's when i was told i was 93rd in the pre order queue, so you may be a bit further down the line.

Soldato
In case anyone was still thinking about switching, I received my Strix (not the OC version) yesterday as a replacement for the SC which I have given up waiting for as EVGA have prioritised manufacturing the FTW over the SC.

After messing around with it yesterday, I'm really surprised there's still stock left.

It boosts to 1950 without me touching a thing and was running at 60 deg even in yesterday's heat so 2050+ should be easy to get to. I only have 1080p monitors so I'm not going to be really stressing it any time soon, but was surprised at just how good the passive cooling is. Playing Rocket League split screen over multiple monitors didn't even bother spinning up the fans most of the time.

The downside though, and admittedly this might be a deal breaker, it doesn't come with Harribo.

Just be aware temp isnt the issue on throttles on after market pascal cards, the power limit is.

Soldato
WOW!! I'd like to see ANYONE do something like this standing in a queue to a till in a shop and not be slapped in the face! You leave a queue for another queue you go to the end of the line!! I mean REALLY?? And everyone is OK with that?? Not many 'going out of the house to see the real world' kind of people around here I suppose.. Live and learn. Fingers crossed there won't be 31 people switching before Friday then... [Facepalm]

I am not ok with it no. But it is the way overclockers operate thei preorder system, so unfortunately if you choose to preorder with ocuk you have to accept that.

Back
Top Bottom