• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Soldato
Hi there

1080 FTW, we have 70 units due today/tomorrow EVGA have informed me, this will clear all backorders on this part. :)

Awesome news for many waiting. My EVGA FTW 1080 is a beast! Best card I've ever owned and very happy with it's performance with my Acer X34a 3440x1440p Ultra-Wide. Everything I've played so far on ultra settings is way above 60fps

Associate
Hi Gibbo.
If I cannot swap then when can I expect my xtreme card to arrive ?
You mentioned before that you speak to MD/CEO.
At the moment it looks like they are not planning to even sell standard Xtreme.
I understand it's not your fault but understand also me as a customer.
As I said, other queues are live, mine is dead.
Thanks

Associate
Hi there

10 units EVGA Classified shall be arriving on August 10-12th with OcUK. :)

Last time sent in a webnote into CS in June I was 9th in the Queue, I hope no one gets put in front of me for an unforeseen reason! :(

At least it puts me off canceling in favor of the Titan!

Thanks for the update, its a small batch, but welcome news for sure!

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi Gibbo.
If I cannot swap then when can I expect my xtreme card to arrive ?
You mentioned before that you speak to MD/CEO.
At the moment it looks like they are not planning to even sell standard Xtreme.
I understand it's not your fault but understand also me as a customer.
As I said, other queues are live, mine is dead.
Thanks

Let me ask Gigabyte again, when I asked last they said Extreme PP would be the first batch, but I think it is about time they produced some regular Extremes, will come back to you. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Thanks for understanding Gibbo

Sorry to be a pain. I do appreciate your support.

Its not a problem.

The issue is I am finding the partners infuriating, I know they are also not to blame as NVIDIA have a lack of supply of GPU and lack of GDDR5X does not help matter but this launch has being hugely stressful.

Over 50 different 1080 SKU's to manage, half of which are always in and out of stock and we can never get enough and communication half the time is weak at best.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

As expected:

20x EVGA 1080 SC arrived and shipping (16 more due end of next week)
70x EVGA 1080 FTW arrived and shipping (some left spare for fresh orders)

40x MSI 1080 Armor OC arrived (Plenty spare)
7x MSI 1080 Seahawk X arrived

50x Inno3D 1080 X3 arrived (Plenty spare)
5x Inno3D 1080 X4 arrived (Some spare)

10x Gigabyte 1080 Waterforce arrived (Some spare)
10x Gigabyte 1080 Extreme PP more arrived (Plenty spare)

100+ more Zotac AMP & AMP Extreme 1080 arrived, few hundred of each in stock now. :)

So not a bad say so far, Inno3D turned up early and some little surprises from MSI.

OcUK Staff
OP
Thanks for the info Gibbo:)

Now its time to randomly check my inbox out of anticipation!!!!!

Warehouse only just started shipping and they have 500+ orders to do get out today, they will be done but might take a few hours until you get that all important email notification. :)

Associate
Prices are ridiculous.

I'll hit the buy button when they drop to a reasonable price.

yep, consult this chart for the answer to that one

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD&view=1Y

They might back off the pricing when they release a Ti version - how much did 980 prices drop on the 980Ti release anyone? Not by much I expect.

However, 'reasonable price' is somewhat subjective. It can be priced at whatever level right now since nothing can compete with it (even older SLI configs in some circumstances).

If your looking for a good deal get a 980Ti since it will hammer anything under 4K. Even the 1060s/480s will be more than enough at 1080p if thats your bag.

As for the GTX 1080 pricing structure in general, it was borked by Nvidia's Founders Edition brainwave. Even with a this, limited supply and some hardwired performance limiters turning the partner card differentiator away from performance and into which one has the nicest hat; Nobody can keep these things in stock long enough to keep people out of a preorder queue.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see *you picking up a 1080 this year if your expecting much of a price falloff - with the exception of some dramatic fall in the value of the dollar ( Trump for president :) )!

Back
Top Bottom