*****OcUK have 100+ GTX 580 IN STOCK & NOW LIVE*****

Associate
i havent got time im afraid.

nvidia have quoted around 30w less consumption than a 480

but i couldnt comment on overclocks.

plus all of those overclocks weren't exactly voltage friendly ;)

Found this: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2010/11/09/nvidia-geforce-gtx-580-review/8

Interesting temps/watts there.

Tetris should be playable, but with Minesweeper I had a hard time getting more than a couple of frames per minute.

Try downloading the latest drivers, should help get at least 3-4FPM

OcUK Staff
These graphic cards are fantastic. I couldn't believe how quiet they were, considering I saw/heard two in SLI on maximum load the quietness was fantastic, and the fact that they are 30% quicker than the 480 GTX and the power take is less and they run cooler too. That is pretty impressive. The 3D vision set up with them in 3D was absolutely amazing too. I am wanting to buy the whole kit!

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Nearly all sold out.

We've got literally handful of KFA2, POV and Zotac left, all the others have sold out or about too. Excellent launch from NVIDIA. :)

Associate
10 Year warranty on the EVGA as well, nice.

As im new, is the 470 that much worse than the 480/580?

The 470 is going quite cheap at the moment thats the reason i ask. Then again im not TOO price restricted for my next system, but 400 odd quid is a lot of money.
Im also not restricted to nvidia so ill be looking around.

Might just wait till January anyway. Maybe by then i can get some even better deals

OcUK Staff
OP
10 Year warranty on the EVGA as well, nice.

As im new, is the 470 that much worse than the 480/580?

The 470 is going quite cheap at the moment thats the reason i ask. Then again im not TOO price restricted for my next system, but 400 odd quid is a lot of money.
Im also not restricted to nvidia so ill be looking around.

Might just wait till January anyway. Maybe by then i can get some even better deals

Hi there

Two 470's are a tad faster than a 580. :)

The 470 is exceptional value, the 580 is the new king and very quiet. :)

Back
Top Bottom