OcUK Motorbike Meet 2012 *Interest and ideas*

Soldato
There will most likely be plenty more meets during the year but from what it looks like there would be a good turnout midlands way so I would trek up there for that.
Alternatively a south meet at some point too, run to box hill then on to Ace cafe sounds good to me :)

Track day is definitely on the cards too, Anglesey! :D

Soldato
Ooooo, box hill in the morning then off to Ace for a meal in the afternoon after would be a good bit of fun :)

Probably have to fill the 1098S every 5 foot though lol.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Being more specific how about Hinckley, Leics. Well easy to get to & very central for most people.
Check it out on Google maps & you'll see that it's Off the M69 or off the A5 & is between Leicester & Coventry. I could scope out a decent meet point/Cafe etc

Associate
Metting at hinckley is a good idea, staying there however is not ;). Some great roads round market bosworth way. or even the B6047 the other side of leicester is great.

I live in earl shilton so only about 3 miles from hinckley so wont be a problem for me XD

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Considering I ride a Triumph, I feel duty-bound to agree with you, 4T5!
I've lost count of how many packs of foreign bikers I have led to the factory. :)

Metting at hinckley is a good idea, staying there however is not ;). Some great roads round market bosworth way. or even the B6047 the other side of leicester is great.

If you come to Hinckley I will put you on the Best road I know the A444 starting at the A5 end. :cool:

Soldato
Hinckley is 80miles from me. I guess us Reading(ish) lot could convoy up there if we do decide to meet there?

Don't see why not.

If we are going to have a meet, lets make it a full day, not a couple hours morning blast.

Maybe those of us around Reading could meet in Reading on the bikers island which has a lovely little bacon/coffee stand open early hours. Perfect to start the day :D

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Do you live in Hinckley then?
Yep.

A5 is a nice road in itself.
:confused: It's a dead straight road, Where's the fun in that ?
The A444 starts at A5 end then just gets better & better with sweeping bends & low hedge rows so you can see what's coming. At the end is a decent service station for a drink & a roundabout to knee slide round & then it's back down the A444 which in my opinion is the Best road in the Country.
Hinckley is 80miles from me. I guess us Reading(ish) lot could convoy up there if we do decide to meet there?
Blimey that's a bit far.

Having said the above bare in mind my Chopper is a 125 so going for a run with you guys would just spoil the day.
What you need to do is arrange a place to meet then have a run up to Hinckley for a 2nd meet & some Brekky/Lunch/Muchies. :cool:

Soldato
That is another point, are there going to be speed police guys on the meetup? As I will be riding my 1098S and lets be honest, that bike is not meant to be ridden like a Lambretta down to Brighton... So the sound of the A444 is just heaven however I will be giving it the beans :D

Associate
No police i shouldnnt think :p, but we will all be on different bikes, I tradedd in my road beast beofre christmas for a touring bike so slightly slower. (still now slow though if you hastle the thing XD)

I doubt cops would care if they are off duty anyway.

Associate
So we *may* have a rough location thought out.. what about a date?

Spring or Summer? April was one of the hottest months last year iirc

A full day would be good... finally give the 10R a proper outing for a change. Already got a track day booked in March :D

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
If we do go to the A444 then our intentions should be kept to ourselves as we wouldn't want to attract unwanted attention on the day. ;)

As it stands a meet between Hinckley & Oxford sounds good for you Big bike Dudes, Then you can head to Hinckley for a food & drink stop meet anybody else who can get down to us & then a little Pilgrimage to the Triumph factory then on up to Mallory could be put on the agenda.

As for dates we can finalise it closer depending on the weather but I got my Chopper last April & was out on it every day. :cool:

Soldato
Hinckley is about an hour from me so I'd probably want a rest once arriving before setting out again.

FZR is by no means the comfiest bike for long rides :o:p

Soldato
If we do go to the A444 then our intentions should be kept to ourselves as we wouldn't want to attract unwanted attention on the day. ;)

As it stands a meet between Hinckley & Oxford sounds good for you Big bike Dudes, Then you can head to Hinckley for a food & drink stop meet anybody else who can get down to us & then a little Pilgrimage to the Triumph factory then on up to Mallory could be put on the agenda.

As for dates we can finalise it closer depending on the weather but I got my Chopper last April & was out on it every day. :cool:

That sounds bloomin' perfect mate :D

Perfect weekend well spent :D

Back
Top Bottom