OcUK Motorbike Meet 2012 *Interest and ideas*

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Longshoot Hotel
Watling Street,
Nuneaton
CV11 6JH

Everybody check this place out on Google maps.
The Longshoot Hotel is on the corner of the A5 & the A47. You just have to get to the A5 & then know which direction to head.
Everybody have a look at it on Google maps then post back whether you think you would find it easily.

Associate
Longshoot Hotel
Watling Street,
Nuneaton
CV11 6JH

Everybody check this place out on Google maps.
The Longshoot Hotel is on the corner of the A5 & the A47. You just have to get to the A5 & then know which direction to head.
Everybody have a look at it on Google maps then post back whether you think you would find it easily.

That looks like a good easy to find place to me. It's about 110miles from Reading... I may have to stop half way as my arse tends to be dead after a max 45 minutes of riding! :p

Does anyone who is meeting at Reading happen to have a bike GPS or think they will not get lost without one? because I will 100% get lost without a GPS ha.

I have accelerating my bike search since reading this thread :D should have something new by the end of Feb at latest I hope!

What are you after? :D

Soldato
I will try and direct. I am not bad with remembering routes. Might not be the most fun route up but won't be doing motorways thats for sure :p

110 miles is not to bad, we will stop off half way for a 20 mins smoke/coffee break.

EDIT: looking at it, the first half (A4074) is what I do everytime I go for a weekend ride, so yep, I will lead the Reading convoy :)

Last edited:
Associate
I've got a GPS on my bike so could lead the way for any coming up from Hampshire via Reading.

Just noticed agnes offering to lead the way, carry on! :)

Soldato
I've got a GPS on my bike so could lead the way for any coming up from Hampshire via Reading.

Just noticed agnes offering to lead the way, carry on! :)

Well, if you have GPS then it makes more sense for you to lead, just don't fancy sitting on the motorways on the way up :p

So if your satnav can avoid motorways then you lead :D

Soldato
Is no one coming from or through the west mids?

I don't want to do a relatively long motorway journey alone and am hoping someone with decent road knowledge can take me a better route than the m54 :p

Associate
Ok so it looks like the Southern contingent is meeting at bikers island in Reading then heading up the A4074 towards Oxford then on to Nuneaton.

I think we should aim to be in Reading for 9am looking to leave by 9:30am.

Soldato
Yep, it's either bikers isle or by the stadium and grab a McDonalds, thinking about it, this might be better due to 1) it being right next to J11 of the M4 2) it's on the A33 3) larger carpark with McDonalds.

Here are screen prints of both locations:

This is the bikers isle, not that big, but at the end is the bacon sanie place hehe.
kroMY.jpg

This is where we will need to meet up due to the size of the group me thinks.
BJ5Ss.jpg

Back
Top Bottom