OcUK Motorbike Meet 2012 *Interest and ideas*

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Agnes
I thought about this yesterday & think we need to set a nightmare weather get out clause.
Once we are within a week we can check the forecast & shift the weekend if we have to.

Love the way this thread has snowballed. :cool:

Soldato
Fully agree mate, I am sure closer to the time it will be easier to judge when will be best and like you said, no harm planning for a alternate weekend if the weather is pants.

no one is going to enjoy a 300 mile day trip on a bike in miserable weather.

Associate
agreed, it will be no fun in the rain / freezing cold.

Hopefully by end of march the clocks will be going back and weather will be at least be over 10 degrees.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I'll be up early on the day to give a Local weather report & the forecasts should be fairly accurate closer the time, I'm sure we'll get an idea whether it's on or not a couple of days in advance.

Associate

Looks good as long as we can have some breaks xD

Google's saying 4.1hrs for the first route, 3.9hrs for the second route, so not much time difference in them at all. (Thats from southport btw!)

Soldato
The Google times are a little conservative :D.

I'll have a run out in a few weeks time and check out the B roads on the first route, should have a more accurate idea of journey times.

Will only travel at a pace everyone is happy with on the day, will need to be an early start at the meeting point too to arrive in Hinckley on time. Should be a laugh though.

Soldato
I was going to suggest meeting at the petrol station just off junction 19 of the M6, nip through knutsford onto the A537 to Mac.

Lymm is also good, down the A50 to pick up the A537.

I've plotted an initial route, will try and give it a dry run and tweak it a little before March.

Initial route plan

Alternative to include Matlock

Yeh, lymm services to knutsford is a nice little blast as well. Seems like youve got it all planned then :D

Associate
I was going to suggest meeting at the petrol station just off junction 19 of the M6, nip through knutsford onto the A537 to Mac.

Lymm is also good, down the A50 to pick up the A537.

I've plotted an initial route, will try and give it a dry run and tweak it a little before March.

Initial route plan

Alternative to include Matlock

If you did pass through Matlock I would probably meet yous there :)

Back
Top Bottom