OcUK Musicians - What style do you play?

Soldato
OP
Neon said:
i use

8" 10" 12" 14" 22"

Gretsch Renown Maple Series, With Gibralter Hardware. All Floating Toms.

Sabian HHX Evolution 16", Sabian Pro Hi-Hats, Sabian pro Crash 16" Sabian B8 Ride Cymbal. Zildjian Splash.

Iron Cobra Double Pedal, Twin Chained, Janus 2 Legged Hi-Hat Stand, Pearl Roadtser Throne.
I had a go a Gretsch Broadcaster kit I think it was. It was the bee's knee's. Since then I've always wanted a Gretsch kit until i stopped taking the drums as seriously as say the guitar. I ended up with a little Ludwig 5-Piece Combo kit which has served me well through the years.

Associate
I'm not sure I've been playing long enough to have a real style. I've written some songs which came out quite indie sounding, but then when I'm playing the guitar usually I like to play things like Clapton and old rock - so mainly blues/rock.

I really lack music theory though, and I'm trying to learn some.. and succeeding, just very slowly :o

Soldato
naffa said:
I had a go a Gretsch Broadcaster kit I think it was. It was the bee's knee's. Since then I've always wanted a Gretsch kit until i stopped taking the drums as seriously as say the guitar. I ended up with a little Ludwig 5-Piece Combo kit which has served me well through the years.

Gretsch are solid as a rock, and very high quality.

Permabanned
On piano, mostly classical and blues.

On guitar, check some of the songs from the band link in my sig, probably 70's/80's rock I guess I'd describe it.

Also do a bit of dance stuff on my PC in Reason.

The band stuff is what I concentrate on mostly though.

Associate
I play a mean bit of air guitar in the style of an embarrasing parent drunk at a wedding :)

That's where my talent ends.

Soldato
Predominantly Thrash/Grind, with the inclusion of Blues/Hard Rock & Death Metal if we get bored. :D

new.png

Soldato
Yeah, i am not one for messing with the hats movement, i usually adjust the hats at the start of a track. Having said that i have two hats; RUDE's and Innovations and have one closed and one open at gigs. I've also got a two legged Iron Cobra hi-stand coming which will allow me to have the pedals attached to the pedals with a seperate hardware attachment. At the moment i can't seem to get them much closer. :p

Soldato
The Jet said:
Yeah, i am not one for messing with the hats movement, i usually adjust the hats at the start of a track. Having said that i have two hats; RUDE's and Innovations and have one closed and one open at gigs. I've also got a two legged Iron Cobra hi-stand coming which will allow me to have the pedals attached to the pedals with a seperate hardware attachment. At the moment i can't seem to get them much closer. :p

i can get mine like 2mm apart :p lol

Soldato
what is the point in the title system of the hats, i do not know. all cymbals should be flat, no tilts on any of them, same with toms and snares :p

Soldato
My style of playing the keyboard is pretty much my own. Its generally described by everyone that has heard it as terrible :eek:

Still im not one to let that or my obvious lack of talent stop me :D

My guitar playing is even worse ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom