OcUK News 22nd October 2002

Soldato
Re: Er - **** that worked well.

Originally posted by MoS
If motorgoat starts up again we aim to match his rate (just got to figure how) - if he ain't retired already. If he does start it will be interesting competition. Does he use a cache?

As far as I'm aware he has access to a large stash of rather powerful computers in some facility or other which he can only crunch on when it isn't being used for it's real job so his output tends to stop for a while then start up again without warning.

As for caching, when I was watching his output last week he seemed to dump most of his WUs in one go on a daily basis.

MoS

M

MoS

Re: Re: Er - **** that worked well.

Originally posted by kaiowas
As far as I'm aware he has access to a large stash of rather powerful computers in some facility or other which he can only crunch on when it isn't being used for it's real job so his output tends to stop for a while then start up again without warning.

As for caching, when I was watching his output last week he seemed to dump most of his WUs in one go on a daily basis.

Very much like us then - except we can do 24/7, as your may well have noticed. Ok then 6K - by....next week? I'll keep ya posted.

Associate
counting the times i've walked into walls.....
Re: Re: Er - **** that worked well.

Originally posted by kaiowas

he explained his situation on starfire forums once, apperently he 'installs sytems for multinationals etc, and forges an agreement with them re:SETI, ...it would seem he's a very big IT player in the far east (but think his limit seems to be 6k a day, so maybe he has quit his job and just accesses his Q's remotely

J

MoS

M

MoS

[Mr Two] 6k by next week...

6K by next week - Mr One, how are we going to explain all that tritium by-production?!

I suppose we could always dump it 'over the side'...

Anyhow, I can't see why not, particularly with our latest acquisitions... it will be good to take them up to speed for a few days.

Soldato
6000???????

Oh me gawd. How on earth do you do it MoS:eek: :eek:

\me imagines 100 p4 machines running on the international space station. The cold vaccum of space must give amazing overclocks :D :D

Back
Top Bottom