OcUK Powerlifting Totals Idea

I quite like the challenges they have on the Jon Harris forum - they do max reps for say 100kg bench, or 140kg bench etc..

Then max reps for 140kg deadlift through to 220kg...

Max number of chins.

Max number of 60kg dips etc... This works because it's irrelevant as to what your bodyweight is as it's all power:weight.

None of my equipment in my gym would be able to do anything significant in terms of some of the exercises listed i.e. cable rows - it only goes up to 100kg and I can do that with one hand. Lat pull downs, again it only goes up to 100kg, which is 10 reps or so...

I may start a challenge thread. i.e. someone throws down the gauntlet of doing say, 15 reps of 100kg flat bench. And other people rise to the challenge and I'll update the OP for a league table of different exercises. But I will not do it for dozens. I want a small selection.

Have a look here: http://www.jonharris.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=b5053d31d0d67f91f97e842f5343ecc2&board=7.0

Personally I like their selection - however I'm happy to add powercleans and incline BB and weighted dips to our league table already.

I like the challenge idea - for example, I challenge someone to max reps on 140kg deadlifts - video it and then see the people rise to the challenge. Could be fun.

However I would like to re-iterate and stiuplate that safety comes before ego, if you can't do it, don't injure yourself to prove a point. :)

quite like the idea of a rep challenge system instead/aswell as the standard 1RM currently used, especially, as said, a lot of equipment available to most of us doesnt lend itself to 1RM for a number of the listed exercises
eg my gyms DB max out at 40k,
even the BB/smith weights top out at 220k, though thats not an issue for me...yet

I'll give it a go lol but don't leave me to it I'm not good with responsibility when under pressure!:D

Along with sqauts, deadlift and bench press should I copy and paste all the exercises? And then people can pick what they want to challenge others with?

I would like to add Diamond Pressups (Weightless)

In my experiance if you form is off at all you wont be able to stay stable and wont get up:)

I quite like the challenges they have on the Jon Harris forum - they do max reps for say 100kg bench, or 140kg bench etc..

Then max reps for 140kg deadlift through to 220kg...

Max number of chins.

Max number of 60kg dips etc... This works because it's irrelevant as to what your bodyweight is as it's all power:weight.

None of my equipment in my gym would be able to do anything significant in terms of some of the exercises listed i.e. cable rows - it only goes up to 100kg and I can do that with one hand. Lat pull downs, again it only goes up to 100kg, which is 10 reps or so...

I may start a challenge thread. i.e. someone throws down the gauntlet of doing say, 15 reps of 100kg flat bench. And other people rise to the challenge and I'll update the OP for a league table of different exercises. But I will not do it for dozens. I want a small selection.

Have a look here: http://www.jonharris.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=b5053d31d0d67f91f97e842f5343ecc2&board=7.0

Personally I like their selection - however I'm happy to add powercleans and incline BB and weighted dips to our league table already.

I like the challenge idea - for example, I challenge someone to max reps on 140kg deadlifts - video it and then see the people rise to the challenge. Could be fun.

However I would like to re-iterate and stiuplate that safety comes before ego, if you can't do it, don't injure yourself to prove a point. :)

I really like this idea too :)

Freefaller I have created a youtube account! Is it easy to upload video clips from a Sony ericsson c905:confused: as I have not done this before. I wont be doing any challanges till the new year as I'm having a break from the iron toys.

Back
Top Bottom