OcUK Rolling Road Day 14 @ PowerStation (Tewksbury) - August 4th 2012

Soldato
Cant you put it in sport mode and just use the paddles and hold it in gear up to the red line ?
It's not anything to do with the gear changing.

Here's a guide Audi themselves have written for how to test Audi automatic transmissions on the MAHA dyno: http://www.maha.de/cps/rde/xbcr/SID-9CCF2353-A6562862/maha_internet/PruefanleitungLPS_AUDIe.PDF

The key quote:
Audi/MAHA said:
Due to their higher load-dependent losses inside the drive train the measurement values of vehicles with automatic transmission (incl. Multitronic) have to be corrected as follows:

Tiptronic: + 3.5 %
Multitronic: + 4.5 %
quattro: additionally + 1%, also applies to vehicles
with manually shifted transmission

Example: A6 3.0l Tiptronic quattro

Measured standard engine power: 155 kW
Corrected standard engine power: 155 x 1.035 x 1.01= 162 kW
All 'non-clutch' automatics behave in fundamentally the same way with regards to load-dependant losses, and as such all have to be corrected. Audi have done the work for their models, but there is no data for BMWs. You could use the Tiptronic figure for the 530d, and it'd be better than nothing, but it won't be correct.

You are better off using a dyno that is configured against a known variation between actual engine power output and measured power at the wheels for your model.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can I go back to being a spectator please?

Just don't see the value in running again, not when the car hasn't changed since last time, and its already had 3 runs at powerstation! It's not like we are short of numbers this time either it seems...

I'd rather put the money towards the track day...

OcUK Staff
OP
Can I go back to being a spectator please?

Just don't see the value in running again, not when the car hasn't changed since last time, and its already had 3 runs at powerstation! It's not like we are short of numbers this time either it seems...

I'd rather put the money towards the track day...

No problem, see you at the track day. :)

Soldato
Thought it was ~180bhp at the last RR Will?

It's had the following runs at Powerstation, car spec first...

MP185 - 194bhp (at the first OcUK RR I took it to)

MR200 - 201bhp (separate power run done by Rich at powerstation some months after I'd had the car upgraded to 200 spec, which meant a changed map, new inlet manifold and slightly bigger throttle body)

MR200 - 194bhp again at the most recent RR day (disappointing number, though torque was up a useful amount, but there are some reasons it could be low, given my tyres were all 4-5psi down on normal as I'd been lazy, and it was a very cold day so apparently the map might have been running a bit richer to compensate...)

Back
Top Bottom