• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX6700XT review thread

Soldato
This is what is wrong with your statement, please don't mislead people. And as for the boost speed that can vary depending on how good the cooling is and if it can sustain said boost (I can say this because have had experience with 6700XT/6800XT/6900XT's).

And fair enough I came across a bit strong, sorry :p

FAKE NEWS!!!

Haha all good my friend. No harm done.

More like FAKE GPUs :D

Associate
Had a good experience with mine (red devil) the last couple days and OC's like a champ, so far it has as big of an OC as wattman will allow and not had a single problem.

Associate
So I've had time to install the new card(Sapphire RX6700xt Pulse), upgrade from Vega 56 Pulse. Monitor is 34inch UW 144hz 3440 x 1440- I also run a second 34 inch UW monitor 2560 x 1080. Ryzen 3700x Tuf gaming x-570MB and 16GB 3200mhz Corsair Ram. Note i do not have SAM enabled yet as I need to upgrade my BIOS I think. Not something I've done before so want to wait so I have more time to make sure I do it properly.

Only tested a couple of games without any overclock. Unfortunately I cancelled by subscription so couldn't test the new flight simulator which I think would have been interesting. Bear in mind i'm just posting this as a guy that likes to game on max settings as much as possible. Not had much time with it yet(due to new baby arriving 3 weeks ago) so I've not really played around with too many settings or drivers and this is based on messing around for an hour yesterday afternoon.

In Total War Warhammer 2 which I was running close to max on the vega with shadows and a couple of other things turned down there was an increase in performance of around 20fps on the campaign map(going from low/mid 30's to 50's). This isn't a particularly AMD friendly title from what I understand.

as for RDR2 I was finding it hard to get above 30fps with the vega without turning settings down considerably. With the new card FPS jumped up to 85 average. Was able to turn most settings to max and was getting around 45, this was with the in game benchmark tool. Might tweak that a bit further when it comes to playing the game, really a lot of settings to mess around with in this game. I can live with 45 being very playable on a game like this.

Overall happy on initial impressions. Card seems really quiet, cant really hear it over other PC fans. Need to do a lot more playing around though.

Hope anyone else who was able to get a card is enjoying theirs.

Caporegime
So I've had time to install the new card(Sapphire RX6700xt Pulse), upgrade from Vega 56 Pulse. Monitor is 34inch UW 144hz 3440 x 1440- I also run a second 34 inch UW monitor 2560 x 1080. Ryzen 3700x Tuf gaming x-570MB and 16GB 3200mhz Corsair Ram. Note i do not have SAM enabled yet as I need to upgrade my BIOS I think. Not something I've done before so want to wait so I have more time to make sure I do it properly.

Only tested a couple of games without any overclock. Unfortunately I cancelled by subscription so couldn't test the new flight simulator which I think would have been interesting. Bear in mind i'm just posting this as a guy that likes to game on max settings as much as possible. Not had much time with it yet(due to new baby arriving 3 weeks ago) so I've not really played around with too many settings or drivers and this is based on messing around for an hour yesterday afternoon.

In Total War Warhammer 2 which I was running close to max on the vega with shadows and a couple of other things turned down there was an increase in performance of around 20fps on the campaign map(going from low/mid 30's to 50's). This isn't a particularly AMD friendly title from what I understand.

as for RDR2 I was finding it hard to get above 30fps with the vega without turning settings down considerably. With the new card FPS jumped up to 85 average. Was able to turn most settings to max and was getting around 45, this was with the in game benchmark tool. Might tweak that a bit further when it comes to playing the game, really a lot of settings to mess around with in this game. I can live with 45 being very playable on a game like this.

Overall happy on initial impressions. Card seems really quiet, cant really hear it over other PC fans. Need to do a lot more playing around though.

Hope anyone else who was able to get a card is enjoying theirs.
Nice, glad you are enjoying it. :)

Associate
Had a good experience with mine (red devil) the last couple days and OC's like a champ, so far it has as big of an OC as wattman will allow and not had a single problem.

Same here my RD is overclocking like a champ in games (very close to my 6800 stock in a few titles) and UV's like a boss for when it's on ETH.

Thing is so quite and very cool...

Just a pity that it looks so naff and "try hard" :rolleyes::D

Back
Top Bottom