• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX7800XT and RX7700XT review thread

Soldato
OP
nope, take your radeon tinted glasses off.

4070/ti is above every rdna2 and 3 gpu in the steam survey, so buyers prefer it over anything radeon,

zBNkDYX.png

6YkhINW.png

Another one with AMD tainted specs on. For someone so vocal in support of AMD you never seem to back that up with a Radeon purchase, weird that.

Fact is people like me buy Nvidia over AMD because of the quality features and software, that's a preference. I wouldn't swap my 4070 for any current Radeon until they get the quality of features at or above nvidia. I prefer to use RT, DLSS and frame gen, something the Radeon can't compete in. You could say the 7800xt is a piece of **** compared to the 4070 in that area. Not to mention the 4070 below is 50% faster using 80 watts less.

fekJEIf.png

Not like AMD didn't publish bogus 7900 series benchmark numbers that were debunked by reviews. Both companies are in it together to screw the consumer, no one should be defending either of them.
You paid nearly £600 for an RTX4070 with no free game(from a £370 RTX3060TI also with no free game). You spent weeks single handedly defending a £600 RTX4070 in the locked RTX4070 thread.

This a £480 card with a copy of a £60~£70 game.Could it be better or cheaper? Maybe. However, weeks ago Nvidia was trying to palm off the 16GB RTX4060TI for the same money.

The reality is someone gets an RX7700XT or RX7800XT at RRP,and want Starfield they are not paying massively over what an RTX3060TI/RX6700XT RRP is.

Now its time for Nvidia to drop the RTX4070 pricing and/or include a game too. That will push AMD pricing down. If not,this is the best we will get.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I disagree strongly, the fact they called it a 7800 XT and priced it at £480 makes it worse, they're trying to convince *people that they're getting more for less, that they're getting a generational improvement over the 6800 XT for the price of a 6700 XT,

*Keeping in mind that we're not talking about people who may not have the time and/or knowledge to understand what they're buying, that we're talking about people who see two products and understandably think bigger number equals better.

They called it that because they messed up their naming with the RX7900XT. The pricing increase happened with the RX6700XT which was $480,but at least the pricing has stayed around the same level. So you are still getting that same Navi second tier chip for around the same as last generation.

Also you might want to look at the actual improvement:

TPU put it at 47% over the RX6700XT and the RTX4070 is 45% over the RTX3060TI(which is slightly slower than an RX6700XT in their charts). One charged $500 and the other $600 and Starfield is a useful addition(the RX6700XT came with no games at launch). The RX7700XT is 27% faster than an RX6700XT:

The RTX4060TI is 9% faster than an RTX3060TI.

The RTX4070 pricing is even worse,because not only is it a rebrand of the RTX4060TI,Nvidia has pushed 70 series pricing upto 70TI level.

The RTX4060TI has basically screwed over pricing this entire generation. Now if Nvidia drops RTX4070 pricing downwards, perhaps things will start getting back to where they were before the Pandemic in 2019.

But if Nvidia doesn't care,then this is the way things are going to look! :(

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Most of the people i've seen complaining have a 4080/4090, they are just trying to justify their spending habbits.

The 7800xt and 7700xt are decent value for what they are replacing considering how overpriced cards have been in the last few years.

Now AMD has made the first move,Nvidia can reduce the price of the RTX4070 and/or include some games. That is how it should work.

After all the RTX2070 first came out,then the RX5700XT came out,then Nvidia tweaked the range after that.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
No point is there? 7600 1080p gaming. 7700XT 1080p highest settings, entry level 1440p. 7800XT 1440p high settings, and so on.

Really they don't need any more cards. They just need to make the 7700XT cheaper so it fits better between the two.

The Navi 32 dGPU in the RX7700XT looks like it is using fully functional Navi 32 chips,with only a few CUs disabled.

I suspect in a few months we might get a lot of salvaged Navi 32 dGPUs,which need a new home.

There is after all a huge gap between the RX7600 and RX7700XT in price.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Am i in the Starfield Review thread? :cry:
Nvidia must have paid Bethesda to do this. There's no other reasonable explanation. What a despicable company.
They gimped it on AMD cards! Bethesda Game Studios are equal opportunity!

Also did the Reddit/Twitter/Forum boycott/review bombing work yet?

Lot of streamers with Nvidia have game crashes every 20 minutes or so.. i know which poison i would pick :D

Edit.. now you got me joining in with the off topic stuff.. screw you guys im out! :cry::p
I have an Nvidia card and only had two crashes after 30 hours. I think even those are because it is very hot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom