• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Ryzen 7 7800X3D review thread

Caporegime
I really wish these launches were better organised, from a customer perspective it’s just a total lottery. Having to make assumptions about the time of release, wondering if the websites will go down, if you are busy with other things and don’t get on until 10 mins later to find all the stock has gone for weeks.

Takes the fun out of it.

Welcome to at least the last 15 or so years of launches.

Associate
Sensible choice given you have a 12400 already. Gaming only or other stuff?
50/50 split gaming and rendering/editing. The 12400 is used solely for couch gaming.

The 13700k is to replace a 10700k which is in the process of crapping the bed in all sorts of interesting ways. CPU refusing to boost above 800mhz unless manually clocked, PCIe speed dropping to 1x until rebooted, reported temp spikes that aren't actually happening, couple of reboots.

I also want to build something over the bank holiday.

Soldato
Linus and the indecision of clickbait titles.

AMD Deceived Us... and YOU – Ryzen 7 7800X3D Review -> It's the Best Gaming CPU on the Planet.. AND I'M MAD. - Ryzen 7 7800X3D Review

OcUK Staff
pre orders.? so ocuk not getting any stock yet.? if so then when can we expect pre orders to be fulfilled.? thanks @Gibbo .

We are expecting small amount of stock today yes, but to set customers expectations I am listing as pre-order, so in short don't expect to get one, anyone buying one today from any UK shop will be a very lucky person if they snag one from this first UK batch of stock.

Much larger volumes of stock are due later this month, we should get at least 500 this month, potentially 1000, fingers crossed.

In short pre-order, don't expect to see it until end of month and you should have no disappointment, ordering today expecting it this weekend will result in big disappointment for the majority.

Associate
We are expecting small amount of stock today yes, but to set customers expectations I am listing as pre-order, so in short don't expect to get one, anyone buying one today from any UK shop will be a very lucky person if they snag one from this first UK batch of stock.

Much larger volumes of stock are due later this month, we should get at least 500 this month, potentially 1000, fingers crossed.

In short pre-order, don't expect to see it until end of month and you should have no disappointment, ordering today expecting it this weekend will result in big disappointment for the majority.
At what time is its release Gibbo ?

Caporegime
Its quite simple jay its about filling out the shelves, this is why Intel have 25 SKU's, its about trying to push your competitor off the shelve space and Intel have been doing it for years, i don't why its now only a problem because AMD have more than 6 SKU's?
It seems to me you only notice these things when AMD have a slight hint of it, then you all lose your poo but not before....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom