*** OcUK Secret Santa UnWrap Thread 2017 ***

Soldato
6tYGrQM.gif

£10 minimum, and 'as a guide' £15 maximum, no bans or brownie points are given out for those that spend £15.01 ;)

£15? That's the problem with secret santa. Sometimes people stay within budget, some are tight and go under and some spend more. Some presents on here are more like £50 or £60

Soldato
£15? That's the problem with secret santa. Sometimes people stay within budget, some are tight and go under and some spend more. Some presents on here are more like £50 or £60
If that is the case then it makes sense to be in it every year. Some years are better than others :p or perhaps we shouldn't all get too hung up on the value of things.

Soldato
If that is the case then it makes sense to be in it every year. Some years are better than others :p or perhaps we shouldn't all get too hung up on the value of things.

:) You are correct and we shouldn't. However I have done secret santa at work in the past and went to the effort to get a woman a really nice sanctuary gift set i found on a great offer. In return I received some crappy self stirring mug that i found online for about £4 when I had spent something like £15 on something worth around £25.

Anyway, enjoy your great presents :D

Permabanned
Sorry for the delay in posting my pictures.

And thanks Diddums for my gifts. The chocolate and sweets were always going to go down well, the Salt and Pepper Robots are entertaining and will be having battles when waiting on things to simmer and will use the electronic brush when cleaning my bikes. :)

6F4fX0C.jpg

IfhQWLN.jpg

R54VOAG.jpg

Sorry for the poor picture quality, dropped my phone one to many times and I think the lens has suffered. :(

Caporegime
Sorry for the delay in posting my pictures.

And thanks Diddums for my gifts. The chocolate and sweets were always going to go down well, the Salt and Pepper Robots are entertaining and will be having battles when waiting on things to simmer and will use the electronic brush when cleaning my bikes. :)

Sorry for the poor picture quality, dropped my phone one to many times and I think the lens has suffered. :(

Glad you like it mate, I saw you bought yourself a CB125F so I thought the brush would come in handy for keeping it clean, then I saw you got hit the other day, sorry dude :(

Hopefully you'll be on two wheels again soon on a nice shiny bike!

Soldato
:) You are correct and we shouldn't. However I have done secret santa at work in the past and went to the effort to get a woman a really nice sanctuary gift set i found on a great offer. In return I received some crappy self stirring mug that i found online for about £4 when I had spent something like £15 on something worth around £25.

Anyway, enjoy your great presents :D
Had similar with my work secret santa last year so I stopped organising it. This one however seems to be excellent every time.

Soldato
It is bloody hard to keep to the £15 budget and not end up buying tat, just a cheap trivia mug of some kind is like £8 nowadays!

Soldato
It is bloody hard to keep to the £15 budget and not end up buying tat, just a cheap trivia mug of some kind is like £8 nowadays!

Stay away from tat type presents then. From Wiggle you can get some really good selection of protein bar type stuff - I would think on the lines of food and drink... rather than self stirring mugs!

This year my girlfriend wanted a good jumper, which I got her (a very good hand made one) She got me a tshirt, selection of protein bars, snacks and beers. We had no budget but I know i spent more then her but at the same time I don't care and love the things she got me because i'm crap to buy for and she managed to get me all the things I wanted :)

Not the same as here but I think everyone should stay within the rules if there are rules...bah humbug :D

edit - that cat tshirt is shockingly amazing!!

Soldato
@TrixiBuG

First of all, many apologies for my tardiness in posting here.

lIbexKG.png

The poster is awesome and yes indeed, will go very well in the games room once finished which will hopefully be later next year :D

The poster is ultimtely very retro and will fit in perfectly.

Many thanks and a happy new year :D

Soldato
seems you're collecting them now.. i think all future pressies to you should include a T shirt :p
don't you start a trend! I like getting alcohol and sweets! :D

As for the £15 issue. Once you add postage it can be closer to £25.

But it's the taking part most of all the mystery of what you're going to get if it's a joke based on a faux pas on the forum or just a nice gift that someone thinks you would appreciate.

Back
Top Bottom