OcUK Southwest Meet - Get Your Names In!

Freefaller said:
Depending on the weather I may well come down by bike remember ;) I need to try and boost my manliness a little :p

Oh it's almost a japfest convoy! Westy get yourself a jap car quick! :p

lol i want a jap car, a bit out of reach at the moment though :(

L0rdMike said:
Fleet is on the way to London (M3). Its the wrong way but I dont mind it if we can get a bit of a convoy going.

Ahh Fleet Hants. Thats a bit out of the way :eek: Thought it would be a village or something on the way. I would say going fleet way would add about 60 miles onto the trip... not ideal!

Best way is M27 > M3 > A31 > A35 > A30 or going slightly out of the way and getting on the M5 and blast down.

I would love to meet up for a convoy, but there is quite a bit of milage there allready so adding on a lot more won't be ideal. Best plan would proably be salisbury, anyone up for that?

F355 said:
Best way is M27 > M3 > A31 > A35 > A30 or going slightly out of the way and getting on the M5 and blast down.

Trust me, it isn't. From Southampton you want to take the M27 as far as the A30, then go via Dorchester and Honiton. It's the quickest way and apart from a few nice twisty sections, its dual carriageway the whole way.

The A303 is an awful road.

L0rdMike said:
What makes the 303 so bad? I been on parts of it and it seemed ok.

West of Yoevil it becomes the most annoying road in the world. Long, straight, and dual carriageway wide.... but just a regular road with a 50 limit and mobile cameras.

There are large sections of percfectly good road with stupid speed limits and enforcement.

[TW]Fox said:
Trust me, it isn't. From Southampton you want to take the M27 as far as the A30, then go via Dorchester and Honiton. It's the quickest way and apart from a few nice twisty sections, its dual carriageway the whole way.

The A303 is an awful road.

Thats the way i said. Its the A31 instead of the A30. I Put the M3 in by accident but other than that its as you suggested, ie end of M27 > Ringwood > Wimborne Minster > Bridport > Exeter or from Dorchester > Yeovil > M5

Something to think about. :)

Edit: How about we meet at dorchester, Should be good for Westy and its on the way for the Soton people and its going to be on the way or not far out of the way for a lot of people coming from the east

Last edited:
F355 said:
Thats the way i said. Its the A31 instead of the A30. I Put the M3 in by accident but other than that its as you suggested, ie end of M27 > Ringwood > Wimborne Minster > Bridport > Exeter or from Dorchester > Yeovil > M5

Something to think about. :)

Edit: How about we meet at dorchester, Should be good for Westy and its on the way for the Soton people and its going to be on the way or not far out of the way for a lot of people coming from the east

Dorchester would be handy for me too.

Back
Top Bottom