[OcUK Staff Builds] rjkoneill's FT01

Soldato
Excellent build rjkoneill!!

I love the look of this case as well.. it looks as though it has a lot more room behind the mobo tray for routing all the cables than my Silverstone TJ10 does..

Fitting the sidepanel onto my rig can be tricky because of the cabling.. also there are no holes on the mobo tray for running the cables through neither on the TJ10...

I think I might get one of these myself for my other halfs rig when I start building it...

I wanted to ask you, I noticed you said you were planning on removing the camo sticker off your Asus GTX280, does this void the warranty, as I have the same card, and I to think these stickers are naff, but I was worried about removing them incase it voids my warranty...

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
the sticker removal does not void warranty

dont worry

i just furmarked my cards for 10 minutes and off they came

i now have a rampage2 which i cant fit in the fortress due to the motherboard tray not being wide enough for me to fit my sata cables in

so the TJ07 might have to be rushed out of the garage

Soldato
Thanks for the reply rjk.. I just thought I would check first before I went and pullled them off...

I will do as you say and run furmark for a while so that I can peel them off easier(once I get my i920 replaced/returned from you guys!)..

When I had my old Asus 8800GTX the sticker peeled off that card after about 2 weeks because of the heat inside my case...

The camo stickers on the GTX280 look pretty naff imo.. do they still have the stickers from the reference nvidia cards underneath the Asus stickers?

As my 8800 had the nvidia stickers on the cooler beneath the Asus one...

Associate
i really want to go watercooled now i seen this lot,rich if you get time as you know my pc what gear do i need i dont want to go silly money really but want it to be quite,cooler than i have now and glow red inside lol,

if you could do me a shopping list if it can be done for less than 250 that would be great,and do you have a pdf manual or something i can follow for installation,i am reading up on it all but not found anything for installtion really cheers

Soldato
Lovely builds in a lovely case

Quick question, as I guess you know this case & these components well ;)

I've got the Gigabyte UD5 Extreme w/ 12GB of the Patriot RAM filling all the slots - and it looks very nice and blue.

I'm looking at air cooling the CPU, will there be any issues

a) fitting a Megahelem / TRUE inside this case?
b) attaching the fans - will the RAM or something else block it?

Cheers

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
a megahelem and true will fit
but im not sure about the ram
normally a megahalem will obstuct the first ram slot

@ VortX

thanks - i am in the process of doing another build at the moment which is far better than this

Associate
Hi, guys :). Bought my self a fortress a couple months back.... did a google and found this! Great to see what you have done with the case.

Cooling is on air at the moment until I can find a 9800 gx2 water block :S. sales not allowed outside members market

Looking to put one of these babys in but cant find places that have instock :S

http://www.scythe-usa.com/product/acc/045/km02_detail.html

(hoping it will match up with the brushed aluminium front)

Cheers Geoff

Soldato
Hi, guys :). Bought my self a fortress a couple months back.... did a google and found this! Great to see what you have done with the case.

Cooling is on air at the moment until I can find a 9800 gx2 water block :S. sales not allowed outside members market

Looking to put one of these babys in but cant find places that have instock :S

http://www.scythe-usa.com/product/acc/045/km02_detail.html

(hoping it will match up with the brushed aluminium front)

Cheers Geoff

Did you look here? Scythe Kaze Master Ace 5.25inch Fan Controller - Silver

:D

I've got a delivery coming with the silver windowed version and the CFP51 front bay cooler coming today, and one of these from Scythe Kaze-Master 5.25" Fan Controller - Silver when OcUK get round to shipping my order.

Associate
what orientation do you have the top fan

mines is as standard, an intake, but i'm getting the feeling the hot air can't get out of my case quick enough and it might work better as an exhaust.

and if i was to put another 120mm in the front what orientation would i want of the top fan then??

Thanks
Grant

Associate
a megahelem and true will fit
but im not sure about the ram
normally a megahalem will obstuct the first ram slot

@ VortX

thanks - i am in the process of doing another build at the moment which is far better than this

better!? You HAVE to upload a build log :D, can't wait to get my new stuff tbh, will hopefully have an 'interesting' build log with my new build as it will be the first watercooling AND the first PC I have modded the case for etc - Most likely things will go wrong making it 'interesting' but hey its all about learning from your mistakes right, practice makes perfect ;)

Associate
Soldato
Just got the case home. It is GORGEOUS. Will take some pics once I find the camera charger and the Scythe controller shows up. Been hunting around for the hotswap adaptors for a couple of weeks, managed to source some from Germany.

Really really chuffed at getting it in silver. Have the Gigabyte UD5 board, so the blue and silver scheme will look sweet.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
should be good - i havent seen many silver ones :eek:
will work well with the colour scheme

i saw a silver TJ07 on XS with a ud5 in it and it looked great

i expect a nice detailed build log!

Soldato
i expect a nice detailed build log!

:eek: it's my first build (beyond throwing some bits and bobs in a case and powering it up). i'll put up some pics at least :D

Just a quick, crappy iPhone pic. The front bay device fits in with the overall case nicely - and the materials match well.

case.png

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a perfect match (in terms of materials and brushedness), it was a little awkward to fit it - but once it's in it looks like part of the case. I did notice there was no dust filter on it. It's a bit unbalanced where it is so i'll move it up a slot.

Note: The bay thing has a convex fan, and a concave plate so it will stand out a bit and break the smooth lines of the case a bit. I think it looks fine.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cool, thanks. Will give it some thought. First to get the fan controller :)

I switched to the Ace :) Looked at both and the original was way to shiny. Have jiggled stuff around so its fanbay / stealthed cd / fan controller / fanbay. Looks top banana. Been taking a bunch of pics, but need to track down an XD card reader. Had to RMA the modular PSU so my old Seasonic is doing the honours and a lot of cables are hanging out of the back panel atm.

Saw the black Ace in stock in a couple of places, i'm sure you find it if you Google.

Back
Top Bottom