OCUK top 20 games of all time (2005 edition)

Soldato
Great job on this Chris :)

Couldn't give two hoots about the result as I never voted and only play PC games but it's a fine effort.

Well done.

Soldato
Fubar said:
People that play the sims are*********************************************************************************************

Starred out to prevent offence to people who do play it

sad gits

I actually find the sims 2 quite entertaining from time to time. Admittedly I would rather play BF2 as of late but there is a charm to it. To call people that play it sad is slightly OTT. :p

Soldato
i'm quite shocked at how high the GTA games got into that... its also odd that you've put Quake as a series, and left others as seperate games (HL, GTA, GT) ???

suprised that FFVII isn't higher too... still can't argue with the votes i guess

very well done anyway... another vote for sticky or archiveness! :D

Permabanned
call yourselves gamers, cough cough total annihilation, best RTS ever oh and xcom games

other than those minior adjustments best thread in gaming forum ever

Associate
MrMoon said:
call yourselves gamers, cough cough total annihilation, best RTS ever oh and xcom games

other than those minior adjustments best thread in gaming forum ever

:D

Great top 20 list you have there :D

The only thing i see wrong with the list that others have also pointed out, is that some series *HL/HL2* get seperate slots for "they are totally different". How different is Red Alert 1 and 2, they are completely different games (RA 1 destroys RA 2) so why didnt they get two slots etc... Putting a series as a single entry still shows their dominance (HL/HL2 would still be top) but it allows for other games to get in the table and evens out the list, like TA :p and other good games that deserve to be in the top 20.

Man of Honour
MrMoon said:
call yourselves gamers, cough cough total annihilation, best RTS ever

False!

It's the second best, nothing beats a 1v1 StarCraft matchup. Maybe you played on your own more often than testing your wit online :p

Associate
nikebee said:
i'm quite shocked at how high the GTA games got into that... its also odd that you've put Quake as a series, and left others as seperate games (HL, GTA, GT) ???

suprised that FFVII isn't higher too... still can't argue with the votes i guess

very well done anyway... another vote for sticky or archiveness! :D

GT and GTA were both classed as one series, but people voted individually as for each of the GT's and GTA's but i guess it was decided that way. Personally I am glad it was grouped, i could decide between GTA:SA or GTA:VC and so voted on both.

Though in retrospect, i am a little enclined towards Vice City...i wish they had do the expansive GTA as Vice City and its 80's theme...far superior than that (quoting K-DST radio) 'rap crap'.

Man of Honour
Yeah I'd like to play Ocarina of Time cos it often gets mentioned in best game threads, I've completed A Link to the Past and I quite liked that. Unfortunately I don't have an N64/Gamecube or whatever it is you need to play the game.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Nice thread :) and some amazing work put into it Chris [BEANS]!
Have to say I agree with almost all of those choices, real gamers list there and certainly better than many top 20s I've seen in the past.

Soldato
looking at the text files, you've made a screw up with the Monkey Island games...

Monkey Island series (1 4, Secret of 3, 2 5, 3 3, Curse of 1) 16
Curse of, was 3 (so you've put 3 twice)
Secret of, was the first game...

i realise they've been combined anyway, but i was just pointing out that they're the same games

Soldato
I think I'd agree with the final top 10 as it stands. Although I'm not a fan of Final Fantasy or GT4 their popularity amongst others should mean they deserve a place.

I'm surprised that Elite wasn't higher in the list and that there's no mention of any of the X-Wing series of games, or MMORPG's for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom